just got this email:
a new software update (.23) is available for download. The most important changes and improvements in this release are:
1) Internet Radio stations that are added by users will now be available to all ONE customers (after verification).
2) Album artwork that is not embedded is now supported.
3) Importing of music via SAMBA and indexing of music library has been optimized. A feature to erase all music on the hard drive has been added (SETTINGS > SYSTEM > DEFAULT SETTINGS)
4) An additional setting for the volume sensor has been added to reduce the sensitivity (SETTINGS > PREFERENCES > VOLUME SENSOR).
5) Playback issues (e.g. skips) with certain audio formats & encoder settings have been resolved.
Please see full release notes and installation instructions below.
Enjoy your ONE and have a great week!
Olive ONE Team
SW: 1.0.23 Build 7
How to upgrade to V1.0.23 Build 7
You can now download the software directly onto your device via the internet. Simply tap on the SETTINGS icon and go to SYSTEM > UPDATE. Tap on CHECK NOW (Look for new software updates) and install the new software update.
After the software installation has completed please reboot the device by tapping on the REBOOT button. After the device has rebooted please verify that the new software has been installed. Simply go to SETTINGS > ABOUT > YOUR SYSTEM and verify that the VERSION says 0.0.23.7.
1. Solved inconsistent audio skips and "blips" during playback (resolves Zendesk ticket #448
, 465, 564, 574). Also resolved inconsistent "clicking" noise at end of some AIFF files (resolves Zendesk ticket #559
2. Resolved a few root causes where imported music does not appear in ONE's library, e.g. the disruption of music transfer through non-embedded artwork files on Mac computers (resolves Zendesk ticket #588
, 621, 675, 703, 733).
3. WiFi password and settings are now stored after switching between WiFi and Ethernet modes (resolves Zendesk ticket #486
4. Artwork that is not embedded but stored separately is now supported in most circumstances (resolves Zendesk ticket #485
5. Resolved various problems with standby mode, e.g. that internal hard disk drive is not powering down, LCD has colored band after wake up, and (resolves Zendesk ticket #322
, 437, 512, 565, 666, 696).
6. Solved various root causes for system freezing (resolves Zendesk ticket #401
, 447, 510, 513, 573, 593, 709, 747).
1. Customer settings for sorting music (in columns) are now stored and will maintain after soft-reboot (resolves Zendesk ticket #490
2. Added an additional volume sensor setting for customers that have reported sensitive volume sensors (resolves Zendesk ticket #386
, 451, 659). Accessible under SETTINGS > PREFERENCES > VOLUME SENSOR
3. Added a CLEANUP DATABASE feature that erases the music in the ONE's SAMBA folder (MY OLIVE MUSIC) and the library index (i.e. what is represented on the user interface). This allows user's to conveniently wipe the hard drive from all music (resolves Zendesk ticket #527
). Olive is working on a synchronization feature (scheduled for .24) that re-syncs the music in the SAMBA folder with the library index (e.g. if new music is added or removed in the SAMBA folder. This will also likely include a FOLDER VIEW navigation interface, requested by many users.
4. Internet Radio Stations that are added by users will now be accessible --after verification-- by all Olive ONE users (resolves Zendesk ticket #418
5. Further refined the standby (power saving) modes. To enable power saving go to SETTINGS > PREFERENCES > POWER and turn power savings ON. In this state the ONE will power down all components and services (hard disk drive, LCD, PCB, network etc.) and will also not be available as a music (UPnP) server in the network any more. If power savings is turned OFF all components stay on, except the LCD and processor (which will go into power saving mode if idle).
To manually activate the power savings please press the power button for one second (the LCD will turn off at this point).
Note: The Power button LED will currently not "breathe" in standby mode, but this will be resolved in .24.
6. Solved different GUI inconsistencies and added animations (resolves Zendesk tickets #503
, 519, 566, 660, 661, 662, 663, 748).
B) Known (remaining) bugs:
There are still some remaining issues with regard to music import and not all music files showing up in the ONE's music library. We will introduce a reporting scheme in .24 that allows users to conveniently report back which files are not showing up in the music library to allow us to narrow down in which cases muisc files are not imported (e.g. incompatibility with some music formats, metadata etc.). Additionally there still might be few instances that cause system freezes, audio playback distortions, wake/sleep related issues and volume control sensitivity that have not been resolved yet, so please report them back to us.
If you experience any additional issues please file a support ticket through Zendesk at https://olivemediainc.zendesk.com
and we will address them quickly. Thanks!