Olive One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 14Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 162 Old 05-17-2013, 04:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
not seen a thread for this as yet, if the case please do point me to it,

main info have found is here on the olive site,
http://www.myoliveone.com/

certainly looks an interesting item smile.gif


looks like good connectivity both in analog and digital


looks like will work wirelessly or wired off any music stored either locally or in a cloud/pc/mac including itunes.

anyone know when might be released ?

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 162 Old 05-17-2013, 09:25 PM
Member
 
someoledude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Last I heard was July - August this year. This was the last I heard from the company to the early backers.
someoledude is offline  
post #3 of 162 Old 05-28-2013, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,727
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 47
It would be nice to have those connections on the back of the unit but it is unclear which direction which they are going yet. Looks like a nice system, currently using Sonos but this would be a nice addition.
Garman is online now  
post #4 of 162 Old 06-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Member
 
capaill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
just heard from olive customer service, its shipping in July. can't wait for this, sonos have been sitting on their arses for too long. yes its works great for multi room, but they won't do better than 16/bit 44khz and at $250 un-amplified, they're expensive. With the olive one hopefully you can get Hi res optical out to you DAC and an analog out for around the house where CD quality is more than acceptable.

Capall
capaill is offline  
post #5 of 162 Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by capaill View Post

just heard from olive customer service, its shipping in July. can't wait for this, sonos have been sitting on their arses for too long. yes its works great for multi room, but they won't do better than 16/bit 44khz and at $250 un-amplified, they're expensive. With the olive one hopefully you can get Hi res optical out to you DAC and an analog out for around the house where CD quality is more than acceptable.

does anyone actually know whats shipping though july isnt that far away. would be great to know what the actually finished product is actually like and what capability and connectivity it actually comes with. none of this is really very clear from their website unfortunately

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #6 of 162 Old 06-21-2013, 05:03 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
An update to the early backers was promised by the end of this week. I'll try and remember and post what they say.

Cheers
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #7 of 162 Old 06-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Member
 
shobaffum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The update email has finally gone out. They reconfigured the connectors again - good changes. They took away the free hard drive perk to cover the cost of the redesign though.

I wonder if ethernet will still be available via USB.

alebonau likes this.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
shobaffum is offline  
post #8 of 162 Old 06-22-2013, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
confused now though there appears two photos of the back end of it. does it have speaker outputs ?

pity they dropped the analog L&R outputs from it instead.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #9 of 162 Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 PM
Senior Member
 
akbungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is anyone in the know as to whether this will have Amazon Cloud player and/or Rhapsody apps built in?
akbungle is offline  
post #10 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
At the moment it says the following on the indiegogo campaign page:

•We plan to support all major music services like e.g. Pandora or Spotify. ONE is easily upgradeable through the internet, so you can tell us which services we should add next.

•Play music from cloud services like Amazon Locker, iTunes Match and Google Play. Or use ONE as your own — subscription free — home music cloud (see built-in HDD below).


I remember vaguely that there was a voting for backers about streaming services. Spotify was most popular. I cannot find the update itself as they messed up their update history by (mistakingly) adding replies to all kinds of questions in the updates.
But as they are mentioning, they can always add built-in features afterwards. They seem to warrant a good follow-up for the Olive One, so I have hopes that streaming functionality will be expanded after release, e.g. with music unlimited (sony's streaming service) as well. As a Playstation Plus member I got a year of membership for 12 euros smile.gif.
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #11 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 12:10 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For those interested, here is the full update:

Based on the information we have gathered from your survey responses and forum discussions, it is clear that Olive ONE needs the following features:
• Analog output
• RCA connector for digital coax output (instead of 3.5mm)
• Standard USB connector (instead of Micro USB)

Although these changes will undoubtedly increase production costs, we have decided to implement them at no additional cost to you. We have spent the last few months analyzing the effect of these changes on the product design and have initiated the redesign of the PCB, change in tooling, EVT and DVT test plans, as well as redefined the certification and test requirements.

We estimate that these changes will delay the first shipments of Olive ONE by 6-8 weeks to end of September. We will do our best to reduce this shipping estimate and will update you when we reach key milestones.

You will now receive the originally planned connector box (less Ethernet) for free--no more need for an optional USB-DAC dongle.

However, redesigning the product and implementing new tooling and additional features require us to pare costs in other areas. Therefore, we will no longer be offering a free hard drive upgrade for those who initially paid full price for their Olive ONE. Additionally, we will be increasing the price of the Olive ONE by $100 for all new orders placed after July 1, 2013.

At this stage, we are in the thick of getting everything ready for September. Regarding your contribution, we have the following information on file. Please reply directly to this email if any of this information is incorrect and we will look into it.


(...)

Summary of changes to Olive ONE

We have added:

• Analog output (3.5mm connector)

• Gold-plated RCA connector for digital output (instead of 3.5mm)

• USB A connector (instead of USB Micro)

• Gold-plated speaker binding posts to allow end-users to use their own high-end speaker cables & connectors (Olive PAC will no longer be required).

We have removed:

• WiFi Direct & Miracast (our surveys indicated that less than 3% intend to use this feature). However, we will implement most of the features provided by WiFi Direct/Miracast through a standard web interface, which allows for a wider compatibility with networked TVs.


So for those interested, the time is now! In a couple of days, price goes up with 100 USD!
akbungle likes this.
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #12 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 03:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I still dont understand why it has 3.5mm for analog outputs ! just standard RCAs would have been the way to go ! just as they had in the original picture. I do hope they continue to listen ! better to delay things and come out wiht somthing decent than half baked ! smile.gif

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #13 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 05:44 AM
Senior Member
 
akbungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tochtgenoot View Post

At the moment it says the following on the indiegogo campaign page:

•We plan to support all major music services like e.g. Pandora or Spotify. ONE is easily upgradeable through the internet, so you can tell us which services we should add next.

•Play music from cloud services like Amazon Locker, iTunes Match and Google Play. Or use ONE as your own — subscription free — home music cloud (see built-in HDD below).


I remember vaguely that there was a voting for backers about streaming services. Spotify was most popular. I cannot find the update itself as they messed up their update history by (mistakingly) adding replies to all kinds of questions in the updates.
But as they are mentioning, they can always add built-in features afterwards. They seem to warrant a good follow-up for the Olive One, so I have hopes that streaming functionality will be expanded after release, e.g. with music unlimited (sony's streaming service) as well. As a Playstation Plus member I got a year of membership for 12 euros smile.gif.
Thanks for that,
The voting results are on their website here :http://myoliveone.com/News

Quote:
Originally Posted by tochtgenoot View Post

For those interested, here is the full update:

Based on the information we have gathered from your survey responses and forum discussions, it is clear that Olive ONE needs the following features:
• Analog output
• RCA connector for digital coax output (instead of 3.5mm)
• Standard USB connector (instead of Micro USB)

Although these changes will undoubtedly increase production costs, we have decided to implement them at no additional cost to you. We have spent the last few months analyzing the effect of these changes on the product design and have initiated the redesign of the PCB, change in tooling, EVT and DVT test plans, as well as redefined the certification and test requirements.

We estimate that these changes will delay the first shipments of Olive ONE by 6-8 weeks to end of September. We will do our best to reduce this shipping estimate and will update you when we reach key milestones.

You will now receive the originally planned connector box (less Ethernet) for free--no more need for an optional USB-DAC dongle.

However, redesigning the product and implementing new tooling and additional features require us to pare costs in other areas. Therefore, we will no longer be offering a free hard drive upgrade for those who initially paid full price for their Olive ONE. Additionally, we will be increasing the price of the Olive ONE by $100 for all new orders placed after July 1, 2013.

At this stage, we are in the thick of getting everything ready for September. Regarding your contribution, we have the following information on file. Please reply directly to this email if any of this information is incorrect and we will look into it.


(...)



And especially thank you for for that tidbit as I have not yet ordered one(thumbs up for sure to you!). Although I know I'd feel a bit raw, I can understand about the costs going up and them backing out of the HDD offer. I do hope that means, and I certainly assume so, that the analog out will use at least a decent DAC since I'll be using it with a whole house audio system that lacks any digital inputs.

I think I'll shoot for the 1tb unit since I do have some FLAC files. Mostly though I stream Pandora One and Rhapsody. Since they said it will do iTunes Match i'm also hoping it will do Apple's upcoming radio service.

Thanks again for the response.
akbungle is offline  
post #14 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 22,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 334
I preordered the One and opted for the larger HD several months ago: they charged my credit card the same day

Now they have taken away the larger HD option, delayed release by several months more, and asked me to send them $20.00 more...
markrubin is online now  
post #15 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
akbungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

I preordered the One and opted for the larger HD several months ago: they charged my credit card the same day

Now they have taken away the larger HD option, delayed release by several months more, and asked me to send them $20.00 more...

Again I get it and it sucks but IMO that is somewhat par for the course on crowdfunding projects and they were at least up front about the point that they would take design differences to heart and make changes.
Do I think they should just honor the offer? Of course but not at the peril of having to up the price even further to say $599.99 for the base model ( which of course would take them above a very important "mass" acceptable price point) and quite easily tank the whole product line and then kill any official support going into the future leaving many more people in the lurch.
akbungle is offline  
post #16 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

I preordered the One and opted for the larger HD several months ago: they charged my credit card the same day

Now they have taken away the larger HD option, delayed release by several months more, and asked me to send them $20.00 more...

What do you mean by 'the have taken away the larger HD option'?

You can still order/pay for the 2 TB version. That is what I am going to do; I want to end up with two 2 TB Olive Ones as I do not have a stable network.

I had ordered (as one of the first backers) a One with 1 TB hard drive, quietly hoping that they would get to the free HD upgrade (at the time it was even impossible to order a 2 TB model, if I recall correctly), getting me a 2 TB model for the same price. Afterwards I took the plunge to the two-room bundle, to help the final push towards the 500K. Now I will have no free upgrade instead of the two promised upgrades (from 1 to 2 TB and zero to 1 TB)...
I cannot say that I feel good about such practices, not at all. But at the same time I was not happy with the initial need to use an external connector box to connect the One to an amp. So I guess that what I would have paid for the external connector, I now have to pay for my HD's. However, I feel the same about this way of working: not cool and/or fair.


@akbungle: thanks for the thumbs up... my first! smile.gif
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #17 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 22,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 334
^^^

I am referring to their announcement:

"we will no longer be offering a free hard drive upgrade for those who initially paid full price for their Olive ONE. "

understood they still offer it at additional cost
markrubin is online now  
post #18 of 162 Old 06-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ah, ok, sorry about that. redface.gif
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #19 of 162 Old 06-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Senior Member
 
akbungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Blaine, MN
Posts: 411
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Well I took the plunge and pre-ordered the 1 TB version. With the price going up on July 1st I figured I'd just kick myself later. They also have a $25.00 bonus that ends at any time so I took advantage of that as well. Has anyone seen a video of the unit actually in action? I have not aside from a quick CES blurb that was cut up a bit and not a "real" representation of the navigation. A iOS / Android / Windows 8 app teaser would be nice as well. Sorry I know it's still around two months away but I'm excited now!biggrin.gif
akbungle is offline  
post #20 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 02:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
glangford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,777
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

I preordered the One and opted for the larger HD several months ago: they charged my credit card the same day

Now they have taken away the larger HD option, delayed release by several months more, and asked me to send them $20.00 more...

I didn't think companies were allowed to hit your credit card until products were shipped.
glangford is online now  
post #21 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator
 
markrubin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 22,817
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 334
^^^

I guess because it was part of the Indiegogo Team fund raising project they were able to do it
markrubin is online now  
post #22 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 06:19 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Congrats on the preorder!

Nice to know that there will be some olive one owners on the forum by the way.

I think that all money used to pay for the One goes to Olive since the ending of the crowdfunding campaign. (It says on the campaign page: 'has received all fund raised... Or something like that. Extra fund for a more expensive order can be used immediately for the development, I guess, since the ending date is passed.)
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #23 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
from post above,

Summary of changes to Olive ONE

We have added:

• Analog output (3.5mm connector) BIG mistake !

• Gold-plated RCA connector for digital output (instead of 3.5mm) good !

• USB A connector (instead of USB Micro) good !

• Gold-plated speaker binding posts to allow end-users to use their own high-end speaker cables & connectors (Olive PAC will no longer be required). waste of time !

they should have put a L&R RCA analog out instead and left off the speaker outputs. anyone wanting speaker connections could have bought the olive pac instead !

they should have kept the olive one as a control interface rather than trying to make it something that does everything and squashing power amps etc into it !

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #24 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 08:37 PM
wse
AVS Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 6,511
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Ok so I could either get a Mac mini for $599 or an Olive One! Hum I think I will get a Mac mini and control the music with my iPad
wse is offline  
post #25 of 162 Old 06-29-2013, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
problem with just giving it a 3.5mm stereo out is it basically puts it to the equivalent of an ipod ! eriously what kind of amp theyre likely to pack in there anyways ? your only probably going to be able to drive some puny speakers off it. kind of thing people often drive off an ipod.

I dont get it.

the idea of a quite simplified device that docked into something with all the dacs and power amp and connectivity made more sense to me.

people like wse are just going to look at it now and say well I might as well use my ipod or ipad as control interface and use something else.

why couldnt they have just stuck with this original idea ?


would have gone for it !

now will pass on it instead.

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #26 of 162 Old 06-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Newbie
 
nontechy77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am also one of the campaign backers, putting in $399 and hoping that the campaign would reach its $500k target within the stipulated time frame. It did and I was very happy because I would get a free 1TB hard-drive, according to the campaign promise.

Then the notice came (pasted in one of the posts here) that the hard-drive would now be taken away. If you read the post carefully, this action was not explained. If it was due to increased cost in redesigning the Olive, then I would argue that there was nothing in the Indiegogo website in the first place that stated that perks could be removed if costs went up. The perk was stated as a sure thing. The fact of the matter was that Olive has clearly reneged on a promise. It unilaterally removed a promised perk after it reaches its campaign target.

I know I can still order a hard disk and pay for it. But my point is that such action has affected my faith in Olive. They can promise tonnes of goodies, show you nice photos of prototypes, but be aware that you may not end up with what you thought you are paying for.

This has left a very bitter taste in my mouth. If there are other backers out there in this forum who feel the same way, perhaps we can unite and seek recourse.
nontechy77 is offline  
post #27 of 162 Old 06-30-2013, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member
 
dschamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sands Point, NY, USA
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alebonau View Post

from post above,

Summary of changes to Olive ONE

We have added:

• Analog output (3.5mm connector) BIG mistake !

• Gold-plated RCA connector for digital output (instead of 3.5mm) good !

• USB A connector (instead of USB Micro) good !

• Gold-plated speaker binding posts to allow end-users to use their own high-end speaker cables & connectors (Olive PAC will no longer be required). waste of time !

they should have put a L&R RCA analog out instead and left off the speaker outputs. anyone wanting speaker connections could have bought the olive pac instead !

they should have kept the olive one as a control interface rather than trying to make it something that does everything and squashing power amps etc into it !

Totally agree - just give me an ethernet and digital coax out on the device itself - not on some additional breakout box - that's all I need - make a separate one with amps built in for an extra cost - anyone who can even figure out what this is and what it does will not want to use the amp that they squeeze in to this.
dschamis is offline  
post #28 of 162 Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
alebonau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Land of Contentment :)
Posts: 2,107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by dschamis View Post

Totally agree - just give me an ethernet and digital coax out on the device itself - not on some additional breakout box - that's all I need - make a separate one with amps built in for an extra cost - anyone who can even figure out what this is and what it does will not want to use the amp that they squeeze in to this.

yep looking at this original shot,



it really has all thats needed.

internet connection, digital output, and analog outs. and very importantly a proper mains power connection than needing an external wall wart !

the beauty with this approach would have been that could sit this thing on another module for what ever, speakers, hard drive etc. anything else anyone else wanted could have been made an add on module...

"Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."


Welcome to my lounge room :)
alebonau is offline  
post #29 of 162 Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Member
 
tochtgenoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Not 100% sure but I think the speakers out were there from the very beginning. It was supposed to be the main way to use the one: directly connecting the speakers to the device. That is the left and right you see on the photo (these are not analogue L and R output).
tochtgenoot is offline  
post #30 of 162 Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
dschamis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sands Point, NY, USA
Posts: 513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tochtgenoot View Post

Not 100% sure but I think the speakers out were there from the very beginning. It was supposed to be the main way to use the one: directly connecting the speakers to the device. That is the left and right you see on the photo (these are not analogue L and R output).

Its still seems to me that the amp section of this should be the thing that needs a separate breakout box, not an ethernet connection.

This device has the promise to be great, but I am very worried that they are getting caught up in the Steve Jobs style of being all things to all people and making it look pretty.
dschamis is offline  
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off