DAC with more than one optical input? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-11-2013, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question - I didn't see a dedicated DAC area and this seemed like the closest fit. I'm just starting a search for a DAC to use in my two channel system and most of what I'm seeing has one optical, one coax, and one USB input. I'd like something with multiple optical inputs. My current CD player (a 13 year old Yamaha carousel) has an optical out and I also want to be able to run my PS3 (via optical) through the DAC for streaming music. As far as analog connections go, I only have the capability for unbalanced RCA, but I'd like the option of having balanced connections for future equipment upgrades. My budget is around $500. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2013, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick.s View Post

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question - I didn't see a dedicated DAC area and this seemed like the closest fit. I'm just starting a search for a DAC to use in my two channel system and most of what I'm seeing has one optical, one coax, and one USB input. I'd like something with multiple optical inputs. My current CD player (a 13 year old Yamaha carousel) has an optical out and I also want to be able to run my PS3 (via optical) through the DAC for streaming music. As far as analog connections go, I only have the capability for unbalanced RCA, but I'd like the option of having balanced connections for future equipment upgrades. My budget is around $500. Any thoughts are appreciated.

I've never used it, but this fits your criteria. It has 2 optical and 2 coax inputs and balanced outputs.

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page