Can I improve SQ of my Bel Canto DAC3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I finally got my Bel Canto DAC3 setup. I got the best sound by connecting my BD player to the DAC via optical then DAC RCA to my Rotel power amp (RB-1080). Did not like DAC to my Pioneer LX73 via CD analogue in and playing AVR in Pure Direct mode to bypass AVR D/A conversion.

However the result is not as good as I expected. Mid not as clear and bass not as tight. What are the options to get the most out of the DAC?

Need better RCA, use balanced cable to the power amp, power to dac not good (it is step transfer from 110v to 210), ....... Please advise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 1068
Quote:
Originally Posted by devgcl View Post

I finally got my Bel Canto DAC3 setup. I got the best sound by connecting my BD player to the DAC via optical then DAC RCA to my Rotel power amp (RB-1080). Did not like DAC to my Pioneer LX73 via CD analogue in and playing AVR in Pure Direct mode to bypass AVR D/A conversion.

However the result is not as good as I expected. Mid not as clear and bass not as tight. What are the options to get the most out of the DAC?

Need better RCA, use balanced cable to the power amp, power to dac not good (it is step transfer from 110v to 210), ....... Please advise?

Please step back and consider what you have no doubt read in other threads about the futility of system sound improvement via magic DACs.

Room acoustics and the speakers are generally far more productive areas for sound quality improvement.
dean l likes this.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page