Super Audio CD players w/DSD out? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
SoNic67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Where you see identical, I see different enough.
SoNic67 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Because there are reflections in FRONT of the headphones too (from user's head), that need to be dealt with (ear padding is not just for comfy ears). Why add the back reflections into this mix?

Your post was unclear. The other meaning has no relevance as I show below.

Unfortunately for you, both headphones have padding between the active elements and the ears.
Quote:
You make no sense in trying to prove your mantra that 'everything sounds the same'.

Since 'everything sounds the same'. isn't anything that I've ever posted, you are obviously making up stuff to accuse me of. Why do you need to appear to be so deceptive?
arnyk is offline  
post #33 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
SoNic67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Padding can be cheaper or more expensive. Shape is important too. Is not sufficient just to "exist".
SoNic67 is offline  
post #34 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Where you see identical, I see different enough.

Again I don't see identical. Why do you have to make up false quotes to make your points? Have you nothing but deceptions?
arnyk is offline  
post #35 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:16 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Padding can be cheaper or more expensive. Shape is important too. Is not sufficient just to "exist".

The amount of the most expensive padding in a pair of headphones costs next to nothing. It is only a square inch to three.

Again, you appear to be making up false facts to prove your point.
arnyk is offline  
post #36 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
SoNic67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 722
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Really? Look up Grado S-cusion, L-cusion and G-cusion prices. Even if manufacturing price is equal, marketing might affect the final price.
However, price has no meaning in the fact that pads contribute to final sound and the fact that enclosed headphones will have de facto worse response than open ones.

However, this is offtopic.
SoNic67 is offline  
post #37 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Really? Look up Grado S-cusion, L-cusion and G-cusion prices. Even if manufacturing price is equal, marketing might affect the final price.
However, price has no meaning in the fact that pads contribute to final sound and the fact that enclosed headphones will have de facto worse response than open ones.

However, this is offtopic.

Not only that, but it is confusing materials costs with "what the maket will bear" retail pricing. Like you say, its an off topic post. More false facts!
arnyk is offline  
post #38 of 38 Old 09-04-2013, 07:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
arnyk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 14,381
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Liked: 1161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post

Where you see identical, I see different enough.

Yet another false claim. I never said identical, but yet here we have a false claim that I did.

It gets to be very frustrating to deal with someone who avoids quoting posts so that he can distort their content to be whatever he needs it to be.
arnyk is offline  
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off