Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 822 Old 09-13-2014, 06:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Canada - West Island: Vancouver, South Direction: Go East
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 361
...Just a bit of good humor appropriately chosen.

I do collect coins, and bills. And I did have my fair share of four-wheelers, convertibles and not.
Stamps; I almost did, but gave up.
Butterflies; just love watching them.

CD players; got bunch of those. ...No Ayre though, but would certainly love to.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthSky View Post
I do collect coins, and bills. And I did have my fair share of four-wheelers, convertibles and not.
I don't collect the stuff I listed in a previous post. I'm just negligent about selling it. The Marantz Model 18 and Proceed PAV/PDSD were important elements of previous setups, and I plan to house them in a cabinet as a sort of personal museum, along with my AR turntable. I'll keep my original pair of KEF 102/2 and AR3a speakers, but I'll probably give away the rest as we try to declutter.

Now that we've moved to a smaller property at the beach, we have parking for only two cars, so the MB E55 AMG wagon and Boxster S are those cars and are regularly driven. The climate and hilly rural roads around Montecito make it ideal for a roadster.

My coin collection is index funds at Vanguard, although I recently inherited a penny collection with a few valuable pennies.

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
Ayre C-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-105, & Sony XA5400ES disc players
Parasound JC-2 preamp into Proceed HPA amps
KEF Reference 107/2 mains & 102 surrounds
Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers & a pair of HGS-15 subs
post #813 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Sacramento delta N. Cal. US Don't trust any air I can't see ☺
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
I don't collect the stuff I listed in a previous post. I'm just negligent about selling it. The Marantz Model 18 and Proceed PAV/PDSD were important elements of previous setups, and I plan to house them in a cabinet as a sort of personal museum, along with my AR turntable. I'll keep my original pair of KEF 102/2 and AR3a speakers, but I'll probably give away the rest as we try to declutter.

Now that we've moved to a smaller property at the beach, we have parking for only two cars, so the MB E55 AMG wagon and Boxster S are those cars and are regularly driven. The climate and hilly rural roads around Montecito make it ideal for a roadster.

My coin collection is index funds at Vanguard, although I recently inherited a penny collection with a few valuable pennies.

db
Never been to Montecito aside from going down 101 but to Santa Barbra many times real nice area . You ever see Oprah Winfrey, Jeff Bridges, Rob Lowe, Ellen DeGeneres, Drew Barrymore, Megyn Price, or Eric Schmidt around town ?

Nice coin and audio Collection there markets are doing well with all the free money and all probably until a major unfortunate geo political event and or tapering am enjoying it while markets are working well this is a understandably a long bull market under the current conditions and all .

Maybe an OLED TV soon prices are declining , nothing extravagant probably 65" at most whenever Sony or Panasonic get around to it bought 3 new sets last year ,one this year and one in 2012 and 2011 so I really don't need one they are all in use ,2 re purposed as extra PC screens maybe I could sell one or give away when I go OLED at least on one set .

I probably should sell off the 3 vintage Pioneer SX monsters and a few speakers out back and the mt.bikes so someone can enjoy them like I did for a good while . I don't use them or ride anymore and the modern gear in the studio works better .

No company vehicles anymore in retirement but a late model GMC ext cab pick up and Ford compact all paid for and the hobby RX7 drifting beater and the mountain bikes I don't ride anymore.

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"
- David Sarnoff's associates at RCA the 1920's -

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-14-2014 at 12:44 PM.
post #814 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
Never been to Montecito but to Santa Barbra many many times real nice area . You ever see Oprah Winfrey, Jeff Bridges, Rob Lowe, Ellen DeGeneres, Drew Barrymore, Megyn Price, or Eric Schmidt around town?
(
Oprah Winfrey jogging and we were seated next to Rob Lowe at dinner at Luckys. Of more significant to me is we used to see Jonathan Winters pretty often, and one time, standing next to him waiting for a prescription at the Montecito Pharmacy, he looked at my Rolex and commented that I must have done well, and then set in on a spontaneous monolog that was hilarious. Montecito has a different ambience from that of adjacent Santa Barbara: It's woodsy small town America with very pricy property. Being situated on a mile wide shelf between the San Ysidro Mountains and the Pacific Ocean doesn't hurt. An unspoken rule is that you pretend to not notice the celebrities.

db

Thorens TD 124, SME Series III arm with Ortofon SME 30 H cartridge into Parasound JC-3 phono stage
Ayre C-5xeMP, Oppo BDP-105, & Sony XA5400ES disc players
Parasound JC-2 preamp into Proceed HPA amps
KEF Reference 107/2 mains & 102 surrounds
Velodyne SMS-1 bass managers & a pair of HGS-15 subs
post #815 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphd View Post
Oprah Winfrey jogging and we were seated next to Rob Lowe at dinner at Luckys. Of more significant to me is we used to see Jonathan Winters pretty often, and one time, standing next to him waiting for a prescription at the Montecito Pharmacy, he looked at my Rolex and commented that I must have done well, and then set in on a spontaneous monolog that was hilarious. Montecito has a different ambience from that of adjacent Santa Barbara: It's woodsy small town America with very pricy property. Being situated on a mile wide shelf between the San Ysidro Mountains and the Pacific Ocean doesn't hurt. An unspoken rule is that you pretend to not notice the celebrities.

db
I can imagine that would be a different neighborhood we have few like that in Marin co. and on the peninsula and scattered around no.cal . I started going to Santa Barbra in the 70's ,lifetime friends live there it's nice .

Montecito was mentioned a few times I never made it into town though . Demographics in wikipedia are interesting it's a long way demographically from Compton or most of of Oakland or a lot of places that's for sure . I'm thinking you are enjoying it being near the coast and all and ofc the area and the amenities .

Hires Music formats ..............."Why does it sound like a CD ?" ............. can we make it louder "?
"The wireless music box has no commercial value. Who would pay for a message sent to nobody in particular?"

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-14-2014 at 01:04 PM.
post #816 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

And them celebrities; what kind of audiophile CD players are they using?

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #817 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Do celebrities still use CD players these days ?

post #818 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I doubt it. ...But I'm sure some (very very very few) do.

♦ Bonus link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...a-drought.html

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #819 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought they all used iPhones,iPads ,iPods or Pono Players and ofc. Beats headphones or ear buds !
Actually in some of the celeb cribs they have distributed music and video from NAS server hdd just like I do here in my small modest suburban crib .

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-14-2014 at 02:25 PM.
post #820 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 01:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I doubt it. ...But I'm sure some (very very very few) do.

♦ Bonus link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...a-drought.html

"Meanwhile, a local newspaper advised residents not to waste water taking part in the Ice Bucket Challenge. "Think about how to re-use water," it said. "Take a bucket's worth from the pool and have it dumped on you in the pool."
-The Telegraph-

I can think of something else they could use in the buckets instead

I have to take the vehicles to the Car wash they recycle the water or use recycled water there these days imagine that !
I'm in the Sacto delta where much of the water goes through the canals to fill reservoirs in So.Cal imagine that!

They can fine you for over watering or washing a car here in the driveway if they think you are using to much water now imagine that and I'm not far from the River at all you can see it lot's of water there still deep enough for ships in the channel !

Since many celebrities like over the top impractical uber expensive bling stuff maybe they should make some of the the overpaid celebrities that choose to live in large estates in drought stricken areas pay for drink and bathe and wash clothes with Perrier or Evian ,drive dirty cars and leave the rest of the water for the regular folks

New age celebrities Top Earning Youtube Stars
http://www.celebritynetworth.com/art...asas-compound/

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-14-2014 at 02:15 PM.
post #821 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubetwister View Post
I thought they all used iPhones,iPads ,iPods or Pono Players and ofc. Beats headphones or ear buds !
Actually in some of the celeb cribs they have distributed music and video from NAS server hdd just like I do here in my small modest suburban crib .
Actually your avatar is a good representation of the average billionaire here in North America.

* Some very big and nice looking properties there in Montecito. ...And the Pacific ocean, the palm trees, the mountains behind; very nice. ...They just need to get some icebergs from up North. ...Hauling/pulling them, from big boats. ....And by covering them with shades, from melting too quick.

Drew Barrymore; I think she has a property (big rancher) there in Montecito.

Bests, ~ Robert § (Bob)

post #822 of 822 Old 09-14-2014, 08:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Actually your avatar is a good representation of the average billionaire here in North America.

* Some very big and nice looking properties there in Montecito. ...And the Pacific ocean, the palm trees, the mountains behind; very nice. ...They just need to get some icebergs from up North. ...Hauling/pulling them, from big boats. ....And by covering them with shades, from melting too quick.

Drew Barrymore; I think she has a property (big rancher) there in Montecito.
Maybe they could build an expensive desalination plant ofc off somebody else's coast (another town ) and out of view and pump the desalinated water to Montecito ! Maybe Oprah can fund it with a low interest loan ?
I hope they don't run outta water when or if the San andreas winds should blow a wildfire that way

Last edited by tubetwister; 09-14-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
Oppo Bdp 95 Blu Ray Player , Samsung Bd D5100 Blu Ray Disc Player
Gear in this thread - D5100 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page