Can anyone suggest a great 2.1 speaker dock for me? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Most speaker docks are designed with the iPad and iPhone in mind-- neither of which I own at the moment.

I do have a laptop and will likely be getting a cheapish MP3/AAC player to connect via Bluetooth or some kind of connection, and am looking for something that sounds good. My price range is $200 to $500 USD/CAD.

I have my sights on two of Samsung's docks; the DAE 570 and the DAE 750. The latter usually goes on sale every few months here in my city, so if I were to go with this option, I will need to wait for it to go on sale. Both are 2.1 channels, and the 750 really has that "girlfriend approval" factor going for it, since it comes in a rosewood finish and has neat "tubes" that changes color and may or may not be affecting the sound quality (in a good way, of course)

The DAE-570 is cheaper, and the space the dock will go in is relatively small. The living room is 10 ft high, and 10 x 15 feet.

Both are attractive since they offer Bluetooth wireless connectivity which is cool. (I have Bluetooth on my Android HTC and I believe my PC has this; not 100% certain). Both also got great customer reviews from Amazon.com and seem to be good docks for their prices.

I am open to any other suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Check the Logitech Z623 or one of their smaller systems if you don't need that much power. Logitech makes a wireless speaker adapter for under $50 that converts them to bluetooth and you could still plug your computer in directly for a better signal. The combo would be right about $200 USD.

JBL makes the charge - which is rechargeble - but no real sub. I have one of its predecessors in a wired version that like, but i haven't tested the charge.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page