Rega RP1 Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-30-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I thought I would start this thread as a place for owners to talk about benefits, issues, or upgrades to their Rega RP1 Turntables. I'll start. I got mine back in June as a Father's Day gift. I've got to say, I really love this thing. It is quiet, attractive and sounds awesome out of the box. The only thing I don't like is that there is no mechanism to lift the tone arm at the end of the record. I hate having to get up from say the dinner table in the middle of dinner to flip the record because I'm afraid of ruining the stylus. I have also noticed that some of my records seem to have a lot of distortion, while others do not. I assume that this is a record issue and not a TT issue. Could any of you give me some ideas on what to look at to determine the issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, I guess this place has no love for the RP1. 5 days, 20 views, and 0 comments. Hm?
post #3 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 57
The general feeling on this site is that digital music is better in every way than analog, particularly LP's. There are only a few of us who really like dealing with turntables, and love the sound. I am one.
I used to own a Music Hall MMF-7, a Cayin TA-30 Tube integrated, and Green Mountain Audio Europa speakers. All sold long ago due to lack of income, but I tell you I spent many a very enjoyable evening spinning vinyl and smiling at every one! I think vinyl is more of a immersing experience, holding and reading the cover, the simple act of having to flip the album. It tended to make you concentrate on the music, not just have it as background. tongue.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

I agree. Vinyl is definitely more engaging. I don't turn on a record unless I have time to sit and actually listen to it.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-04-2013, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Tweaked-

I have one of these as well and love it. There are automatic tables out there but generally the manual ones have the best components. I have not upgraded anything as of yet but I imagine the first thing will be the cart once the stock wears out and perhaps a better mat.

"Guns for show, knives for a pro..."
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
Rega

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page