Completly Lost - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-10-2013, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi, first let me start off by saying that I have no idea if this is the correct area to post this thread, or even the correct forum so I apologize in advance.

I am looking to buy a system similar to the BOSE Wave Music System III (radio, CD player, and mp3 player), however I have heard that Bose is overpriced, and not the best quality. I'm looking for some help choosing a radio that is similar to the BOSE. It doesn't have to be excellent quality, and the less expensive the better(under $100). I am not a music connoisseur, so something better than a crappy $30 radio would work. Any specific suggestions, or brand that I should look at would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 07:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 468 Post(s)
Liked: 1073
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCZaro View Post

Hi, first let me start off by saying that I have no idea if this is the correct area to post this thread, or even the correct forum so I apologize in advance.
I am looking to buy a system similar to the BOSE Wave Music System III (radio, CD player, and mp3 player), however I have heard that Bose is overpriced, and not the best quality. I'm looking for some help choosing a radio that is similar to the BOSE. It doesn't have to be excellent quality, and the less expensive the better(under $100). I am not a music connoisseur, so something better than a crappy $30 radio would work. Any specific suggestions, or brand that I should look at would be greatly appreciated.

The Bose wave radio runs around $350 and up. While it is pricey at $350 it would be a heck of a deal (read impossible) at under $100. You need to have realistic goals. If you are careful and lucky you get what you pay for.

I think that a $200 AVR and a couple of $75 speakers would blow a Wave Radio away, if you pick the right ones. I'm thinking the AVR would be found at accessories4less.com as a factory refurb and the speakers would be Inifinty Primus or Pioneer Famous Designer line items.

Time to review your goals and do some shopping...
post #3 of 3 Old 11-16-2013, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 244
The Bose units have poor quality and are incredibly overpriced.

I assume that you want a compact stereo system, rather than a full size receiver and speakers.

My first choice would be the Onkyo CS-445, which Amazon has for $209. It is far better in every way.

Another one that is good is the Sony CMTMX500, which Amazon has for only $125.

Both units are Ipod controllable and play CDds and MP3s.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page