Olive 6HD problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-26-2013, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Olive 6HD has a problem. When I turn it on, it stops at the white "Olive" screen. A couple of times, it goes past that screen and then displays a message saying "404-not found". I contacted Olive and they advised me to do the USB stick recovery. Fortunately, I do have things backed up. I followed all the USB recoveryl tnstructions but, when I get the message on my Olive saying "insert USB stick" and do so, nothing happens. I've tried re-inserting in several times and leaving it in for an hour or more but it's not working. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-24-2014, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I have exactly the same problem, how did you solve it?

post #3 of 3 Old 01-27-2014, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebro View Post

My Olive 6HD has a problem. When I turn it on, it stops at the white "Olive" screen. A couple of times, it goes past that screen and then displays a message saying "404-not found". I contacted Olive and they advised me to do the USB stick recovery. Fortunately, I do have things backed up. I followed all the USB recoveryl tnstructions but, when I get the message on my Olive saying "insert USB stick" and do so, nothing happens. I've tried re-inserting in several times and leaving it in for an hour or more but it's not working. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Some time ago I installed a new hard drive in out 06HD (went to a near-silent notebook drive). Did the restore routine to put the Olive OS on the new drive - no issues.
However, and this is important, the restore files were large (~2 GB if I recall). I had to do several downloads before I got two copies that matched exactly. I used this copy.
Reinstalling the music from the back-up also worked without issues.
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports