My new purchase! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-20-2014, 03:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hey guys, I just feel like sharing this with the lot of you :), I just purchased my new turntable :D, a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and I must say this turntable surprised me a lot.... everything sounds so clear it's amazing! I definitively recommend this to anyone looking for a turntable. I also got the Pro-Ject Photo Box which works rather well with this turntable.

I guess I might as well take this opportunity to leave a question, what cleaning tools do you guys use to maintain your turntable and vinyls clean???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanaea View Post

Hey guys, I just feel like sharing this with the lot of you smile.gif, I just purchased my new turntable biggrin.gif, a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon and I must say this turntable surprised me a lot.... everything sounds so clear it's amazing! I definitively recommend this to anyone looking for a turntable. I also got the Pro-Ject Photo Box which works rather well with this turntable.

I guess I might as well take this opportunity to leave a question, what cleaning tools do you guys use to maintain your turntable and vinyls clean???

Congratulations on your new turntable. I use a VPI record cleaner with MoFi cleaning solution and record brush to clean my records. This is primarily for used records. Once they've been cleaned thoroughly, I just use a Discwasher brush to clean dust and lint before each play.

Mark

There is a very thin line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry
post #3 of 3 Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23

Congrats! I'm using a Debut Carbon myself at the moment while I wait on a back-ordered Marantz TT-15S1. Great player.

In terms of cleaning, around what I'd imagine your price range is, I'd recommend a Spin-Clean for records and a simple LAST stylus cleaner:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Spin-Clean-Record-Washer

http://www.needledoctor.com/Last-4-Stylus-Cleaner_2

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page