Can somehow help this Reggae Lover with an HTPC - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
A little about me. I am 37 years old and I was born in the US Virgin Islands. That means that I went to high school and college from 90-98 add a few years to that and you will find that this was the time where music was most influential to me. Having said this, because of the genre of the music, Reggae, and I am not talking about the Bob Marley Roots Reggae, I am talking about the dancehall stuff most of my music came from DJ's mixed CDs. Those CDs are long gone now. However, ever since I built my HTPC I would long to listen to the music again.

I built a very impressive HTPC, which should have not problem doubling as a Music Server. My problem is I have no music. Because caribbean music was my thing, I never subcribed to itunes and therefore I do not have much of a music library. I've downloaded a few songs of some apps, but its no where close to what I want. My question is what is the best place for me to go to find high quality tracks for my taste in music. I came across HDtracks.com but they did not have much of a selection.

Secondly, If I were lucky enough to find a source of great music...well I guess I could use JRiver or Media Browser to help serve and play my music, that would me best correct.

I look forward to your responses.

Best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-17-2014, 04:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Interesting dilemma

http://thepiratebay.se/search/Reggae/0/99/0

I don't condone this but since you have an HTPC...
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page