Would like to replace my Rotel RDV 1092 CD player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-25-2014, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Would like to replace my Rotel RDV 1092 CD player

First let me just say that this Rotel 1092 sounds amazing. I absolutely love the sound. That said it's getting old considering it came out in 2006. 8 years is a long time and I think technologie has most likely improved quite a lot.

Now I don't plan on selling or removing the Rotel from my equipment as I do consider this my ref. cd player and pretty much compare everything to it.

I do want to buy a new CD player though. It doesn't need to do anything more than play audio discs and I don't want to spend over $1500. In fact I want to spend under $500. I think I can get a quaility cd player for around $300 or so easily.

That said what do you guys recommend?

Oh and I should add that this new cd player is meant to be paired with a dedicated standalone DAC and stand-alone hybrid tube amp for headphones, (Audeze LCD2).

The Rotel will stay in my 2-channel system. Unless the new player sounds much better and at that point the Rotel would be rotated out and I'd share the new player with both my 2-channel system and headphone gear stack. The Rotel would go back in it's box.

CD players I've looked at: Nad C-516BEE and Parasound Zcd CD player. I'm leaning towards the Nad but wondering if there is something better for around that price point or slightly higher/lower.

Just want to leave this with a Thank You!

Last edited by White Noise; 07-25-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-25-2014, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
On second thought I figure the cd player doesn't have to be some amazing unit with the latest dac. I was sitting here thinking and the CD player dac doesn't matter too much for my intended use considering I will be running a digital out to my external dac then rca to amp.

So maybe I can get away with spending much less on a cd player.

One thing I thought would be cool is a cd player that accepts thumb drives and that is why I was looking at the Parasound unit. This could come in handy when I bring my headphone system out and about. Normally my PC is attached to my external dac via optical so I can listen to my digital music collection.

I don't need a cd changer as I prfer to select a cd and pop it in, change it when needed. I do need something that looks nice, built well and performs well. SQ most likely wouldn't matter as it is just digital out to my external dac anyway.

Running a bluray player would be cool but I don't think it is really needed. When I have my cans on I'm only listening to music via my cd player or PC.

Seems I have a lot to consider now...
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page