AVS Forum banner

Is TT straight to Studio Monitors too basic?

591 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Class A 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of getting into vinyl. Scary territory I know.

Anyhow, I've often heard mixed reviews for both Pro-ject and Rega, so I figured I would just skip them and just go VPI. The VPI Nomad seems like a good alternative considering the built-in phono pre-amp. The set up is just turntable>built in phono preamp>JBL LSR305.

So my question is, is this setup too basic to take advantage of the Nomad? Or should I just still with Pro-ject/Rega? OR GO VPI TRAVELER!?

Thanks once again AVS forums : )

#2 ·
I'm thinking of getting into vinyl. Scary territory I know.

Anyhow, I've often heard mixed reviews for both Pro-ject and Rega, so I figured I would just skip them and just go VPI. The VPI Nomad seems like a good alternative considering the built-in phono pre-amp. The set up is just turntable>built in phono preamp>JBL LSR305.

So my question is, is this setup too basic to take advantage of the Nomad? Or should I just still with Pro-ject/Rega? OR GO VPI TRAVELER!?

Thanks once again AVS forums : )
If your going to consider the Traveler I would also look at the Clearaudio Concept. About the same price w/a good MM cart included.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.