AVS Forum banner

Bose Acoustic Wave 3000. Need help getting the front panel off.

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  jerim 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and not exactly sure where to post this, but I need to get the front panel off of a Bose Acousstic Wave 3000 radio (the taller one) to fix a hole in the acoustic tube that carries the bass. It's a long story, but I can tell you the hole is approximately 9mm in diameter!

I have all the electronics removed, but can't seem to be able to separate the front panel from the rear section (where the long plastic tube is located). It seems as though the front panel must lift up. Any ideas? The electronics are fine...I just need to repair the holes. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you want to see pics, replace the DOT with an actual "."

Thanks in advance.

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks, but I didn't miss the monitor, however.

Yeah...I was thinking this was more of a technical site than a repair...I just used the Bose for my computer speaker. I have a Yahama RXV3900 hooked up to a nice pair of old Swans, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a site I might be able to get help from? I'm NOT sending this into Bose...I just need to get the front panel off, and repair a couple of holes in the plastic tube. It seems the Acoustic Wave, much like an atom, is mostly empty space.

#10 ·
Bullet went in and out, straight through only one of the tubes used to amplify bass. The front grill doesn't come off, so I used some JB Weld for plastic in front and out the exit wound as well. I slapped it back together, and back to 100 percent.

Thanks guys, have a laugh, but remember...do not trust even a weapons expert if they tell you a weapon they hand you is clear...this one surely wasn't. I got lucky nobody was hurt, and all I lost was a 27 inch monitor...the $1100 Bose was saved. It does make for a pretty nice computer speaker setup.

Thanks again for those who tried to help, or at least the one guy who responded. Have a good weekend, dude!

#11 ·
I hope your learned 3 valuable lessons.

When someone hands you a weapon, first thing you ever do is check to see if it's loaded

Always keep your finger off the trigger

Never point a gun at anything you don't want to die.

Any 1 of these could have saved your t.v. and radio, thank god that's all that was shot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.