AVS Forum banner

CD Player Hum

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dmullen 
#1 ·
Just took a brand new Onkyo C-7030 out of the box and hooked it up. As soon as I turn it on I hear a hum. What should I troubleshoot before blaming the CD player and sending it back? It sounds really nice and the hum practically goes away when you are listening but as soon as the music stops and you walk up close to the player you definitely hear it. Turn off the CD player and it goes away. I have tried it with a BJC digital coaxial cable and with a set of BJC RCA's. I have moved the electrical cable to different spots, made sure no wires were sitting on top of the audio cables. No other component makes a sound, just this C-7030. Is this a burn-in thing or do I have a dud?

Thanks!

Don

#4 ·
The hum was not coming from the speakers but from the unit itself.

I returned the unit and am using my Blu-ray player for CDs with a BJC digital coaxial cable and couldn't be happier. Not only did I save money but my CDs have never sounded so good. I never would have thought to use the blu-ray player and DACs in the receiver if I hadn't read it on this forum. Love this place!

Happy Holidays folks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.