Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-15-2017, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Normalizing mp3 and aac

Hello,

I have a new CD/media player that will play mp3 and aac files from a thumb drive, and I've discovered that some of my tracks sound too quiet. Hence I am interested in "normalizing" them. Would appreciate some advice on this. Ideally, I'd like to find software which will run on Windows 10 and which will normalize a mixed group of mp3 and aac files by modifying the id3 tag in a way that is reversible. Most of the info I'm finding online is 8 or 10 years old. There's a program called MP3Gain that sounds like it may have been a good option back in the day, but seems like it hasn't been updated since about 2007-08. Not clear if it handles aac files or runs on Win 10.

In any case, would appreciate any advice about the best way to accomplish what I am trying to do.

Thanks!
Jake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old Today, 08:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 157
The reversible part is what's tough unless your player will read some sort of replay gain tags. Most probably won't. Foobar2000 can add replay gain tags that do not modify the audio of the original files and that are only utilized when the software (or player, if possible) is instructed to use them.

It will also allow you to irreversibly modify the audio with the replay gain info if you desire, which would allow you to do what you want but will, of course, irreversibly modify the audio of the original files.

"All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

Tags
normalize id3 mp3 aac