Any recommendations for the more expensive table radio/cd players? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was wondering if anyone uses, has listened to, or would recommend any of the more expensive table radio/cd players? The most well known is probably the Bose Wave Radio/CD but would also include the Cambridge Soundworks 740CD, Boston Aoustics MicroSystem CD, and the Polk Isonic. I think these range in price from roughly 400-600. Do any of these give really high sound quality? Besides comparing them to one another how about in comparison to similarly priced shelf or mini systems from Onkyo & Yamaha that are in the same price range(350-500) and consist of a small receiver/cd player and two bookshelf speakers. Lastly what about if the shelf system was created on your own as in a receiver for 200 or less a cd player and then bookshelf speakers(with no sub) for up to 200 dollars? I would have thought in terms of sound quality alone and not size or convenience that doing it on your own for the same money would be best as I think the speakers would be superior then the shelf systems and then the table radios but I am not so sure. They all get some great reviews but I don't know if they are mainly being compared to other radios and not in comparison with other mini or shelf systems as I've described.

Thanks.

roark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Check out the new Polk I-Sonic as well. CD/DVD, HD/XM radio--the works.