Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 366 Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

If this site permitted the disclosure of IP addresses while posting you'd find that indeed Charles and PULLIAM are not the same person.

One account with one ISP usually results in a server-side IP address being assigned each logon. The assigned IP address is usually different each time a user logs on as the server will assign one from a range of IP addresses. Unless of course a user has a fixed IP from their ISP, which is not common I thought?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 366 Old 04-16-2007, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chu Gai View Post

You're far more likely to find such duplicitous and cowardly behavior with a person masquerading as another by looking at the head honcho over at Tara Labs

?????????
post #363 of 366 Old 04-17-2007, 11:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 439
No, "?????????". He or someone representing the company did it. He was nailed on another website that tracks IP's and makes them public.

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #364 of 366 Old 04-18-2007, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
You could always use a third party proxy server anonymizer (like anonymouse) and register under any user name you like, as long as you have a different e-mail address for every registered account. This would assure that your IP would not be your own on any website you post on, assuming the website allows you to use a proxy. Even if the website doesn't allow anonymous proxy usage, it would only be able to do so by tagging certain IP addresses as forbidden (becauase they are usually proxy sites), this can be bypassed also if you know what you are doing...

"It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance."
-- Saint Jerome (374 AD - 419 AD)

My Home Theatre
post #365 of 366 Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post

You could always use a third party proxy server anonymizer (like anonymouse) and register under any user name you like, as long as you have a different e-mail address for every registered account. This would assure that your IP would not be your own on any website you post on, assuming the website allows you to use a proxy. Even if the website doesn't allow anonymous proxy usage, it would only be able to do so by tagging certain IP addresses as forbidden (becauase they are usually proxy sites), this can be bypassed also if you know what you are doing...

Thank you. In the extremely unlikely event that I should ever decide I want more than one forum ID, I now know how to do it.
post #366 of 366 Old 04-18-2007, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

Thank you. In the extremely unlikely event that I should ever decide I want more than one forum ID, I now know how to do it.

You only know the easy one (which many sites block - I'm not sure whether this site blocks it...). The more creative ways of spoofing I'll refrain from posting here.

"It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance."
-- Saint Jerome (374 AD - 419 AD)

My Home Theatre
Reply CD Players & Dedicated Music Transports

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page