AVS Forum banner

HD Radio rebate

10K views 42 replies 25 participants last post by  Alan Eskenazi 
#1 ·
It looks like the HD Radio Alliance is sponsoring a $50 rebate on HD Radios purchased between June 30 and September 29, 2008.

http://www.hdradio.com/rebate/

#37 ·
Hi,

I bought an HD radio listed on the rebate form previously listed in this thread that does not require a cell phone.

It appears that the telephone number listed, 800-915-2797, for rebate assistance is not correct. That telephone number in the U.S.A. belongs to the SMC corporation. The SMC folks are getting calls on the HD rebate, but they are not a rebate center. Furthermore, this company has not yet received any telephone calls from the folks that are running the rebate offer so that they can refer people to the correct telephone number.

I do not own a cell phone. It looks like one person got a rebate using this form. However, I have not yet received a reply from the HD Alliance about the veracity of this offer. I am a bit nervous about it.

Paul

#39 ·
Wow, glad I stumbled across this.

Just ordered the Sony from J&R (in stock with free shipping). I figured $50 for what sounds like an incredible receiver is a steal. I'm hoping it arrives fairly quickly (unfortunately shipping to me in CA will probably take a while), I will be housesitting for my parents (my dad has a Sangean HDT-1X) so I'm curious to compare it.

I'm thinking I'll just use the buy.com rebate form, it doesn't seem to be tied to any vendor-- I definitely don't want to be signed up for text message spam!

#40 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmscott42 /forum/post/14749244

Wow, glad I stumbled across this.

Just ordered the Sony from J&R (in stock with free shipping). I figured $50 for what sounds like an incredible receiver is a steal. I'm hoping it arrives fairly quickly (unfortunately shipping to me in CA will probably take a while), I will be housesitting for my parents (my dad has a Sangean HDT-1X) so I'm curious to compare it.

I'm thinking I'll just use the buy.com rebate form, it doesn't seem to be tied to any vendor-- I definitely don't want to be signed up for text message spam!

Got mine today, and so far I am impressed. I like the fact that, unlike the Sangean or Radio Shack models, the signal level always shows (easier to adjust the antenna), and it does seem to have a slightly easier time getting an HD lock on KOGO/San Diego (600 AM) from my location up the coast. I didn't get KGB-FM with a lock on the Sony or Sangean today, but the Sony was able to pick up the HD information (that it was KGB-FM -- not RDS -- and that it had an HD-2) while the Sangean was not. THe FM comparison used the same antenna.

I am about 100 miles away from San Diego.

#41 ·
I purchased a Cambridge Soundworks 820HD on 9-23-08, and timely sent in the rebate request and documentation on 10/3/08. However, on 10/14/08, it still did not appear at www.rewardsbymail.com

The rebate form also gave a telephone contact number of 1-800-915-2797, but that didn't work either as that phone number connected to a company called SMC: they said they were not involved in any rebate offers and that the inclusion of their phone number on the rebate form must be an error.

On 10-14-08, I sent an email to "rewardsbymail" asking them to follow up. No word yet.

Do any of you know of a different phone number for them or any other info about this rebate?

#43 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Eskenazi /forum/post/14871321

I purchased a Cambridge Soundworks 820HD on 9-23-08, and timely sent in the rebate request and documentation on 10/3/08. However, on 10/14/08, it still did not appear at www.rewardsbymail.com

The rebate form also gave a telephone contact number of 1-800-915-2797, but that didn't work either as that phone number connected to a company called SMC: they said they were not involved in any rebate offers and that the inclusion of their phone number on the rebate form must be an error.

On 10-14-08, I sent an email to "rewardsbymail" asking them to follow up. No word yet.

Do any of you know of a different phone number for them or any other info about this rebate?

Rebate has been received - AE

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.