New ZUNE w/ HD Radio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 67 Old 04-16-2009, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Zune player has tried to challenge the ubiquitous iPod for a few years now. While the player is rated to be very good, it still hasn't gained much ground. The new player, called the Zune HD, looks to be quite a player. The 1st and 2nd generation players have always included an FM tuner with full RDS capability. Rumor has it that the new HD player will feature HD Radio. I think that this would be the first true portable HD Radio unit. This could be a major shot in the arm for HD Radio. If it's true, I will most surely buy one. The rest of the specs look really good too.

Several sources have given the "unofficial" specs for the upcoming Zune player from Microsoft. Here is Neowin's story:

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...-zune-hd-specs

Quote:

Over the last week there has been a ton of buzz around Microsoft's upcoming device update which we have confirmed will be labeled as the Zune HD. We've teamed up with Ryan Rea (aka volvoshine) from LiveSide.net and are going to let the world know what we do and do not know about the Zune HD. We've got the green light to go ahead and share the specs that our sources within Microsoft have confirmed to us.

An overview of the Zune HD specs:

3.6 inchish OLED full touch screen.
NVIDIA Tegra powered.
4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, and 120GB versions.
HDMI Connection to stream straight to your TV.
HD Radio.
Web Browser.
WiFi compatible, with wireless marketplace.
Released, early fall.
International release of the Zune device itself.
Home AV packs, Car packs, Charge packs.

Unconfirmed rumors (A Microsoft spokesperson declined to comment or confirm):

Camera?
Company insiders tipped us off with the possibility of a limited edition dock accessory in various colors.
3D Xbox Game Support?
Windows Mobile 7 preview bits included? (Maybe these reports mean an early WinMo 7 beta?)
There has been a tremendous amount of buzz created throughout the past week regarding the Zune HD, with a ton of speculation regarding the device. We were asked by some members of the Zune team to remember, the device is still months away. The specs, UI, and the device form factor itself can change before the launch later this year. We're excited, just as many of our international viewers are excited.

The entire Zune platform is being completely overhauled, just as Steve Ballmer mentioned back at CES earlier this year. You've got the software division and the hardware division. There have been reports and speculation that this could possibly be the last Zune release, however I'm very confident that Microsoft is going to be competitive this time around with the Zune.

As we reported earlier this year, the Zune is here to stay. As soon as more information is available regarding the Zune HD, we'll pass it on. Remember, take the speculation and rumors with a grain of salt before getting too excited. Keep your eyes open on May 14, your Zune software might just be updating.

Now available in living COLOR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 04-16-2009, 04:05 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't think a Zune is a shot in the anything for anything.
post #3 of 67 Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

If it's truly going to have all of the features that are rumored, it could have a chance to gain some traction. Microsoft has publicly said that they realize that an overhaul is needed to compete with the iPod. I'm certainly not saying that it will ever beat the iPod in sales numbers....but it could convert many of the sheep.

Now available in living COLOR
post #4 of 67 Old 04-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I don't own an iPod or iPhone, but they clearly have some very popular products. I think if the Zune HD has a removable battery and some of the other anticipated features, they will sell a bunch. I am guessing that it won't come cheap and the HD radio will draw the battery down pretty quickly.
post #5 of 67 Old 04-17-2009, 05:23 PM

Will it include Apple iTunes tagging?
post #6 of 67 Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnivore View Post

Zunes don't Tag, they just Squirt.

While we do need a portable HD Radio on the market, I don't think this will help MS sell more Zunes. It might, however, inspire other manufacturers to come out with a portable HD Radio. Depends on how much power it uses...

Though if I recall my rumours correctly, I think the new Zune was supposed to have an HD Screen, not HD Radio. I could be mistaken, though, as I really don't care about the thing ;-}
post #7 of 67 Old 04-18-2009, 10:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
It's hard to imagine a portable HD Radio receiver considering how much juice the nonportable ones use.

NOW: my post on AVS Forum.
NEXT: someone else's post on AVS Forum.
post #8 of 67 Old 04-18-2009, 06:06 PM

This is nothing more than rumor, at this time, probably fueled by iBiquity and the HD Radio Alliance. What did come out of this announcement, and one made by SiPort through a Radio World article yesterday, was a question of battery life:

"SiPort Releases Single-Chip Solution"

"The Silicon Valley company says its SP1010 single-chip solution for HD Radio draws the lowest power of all IBOC chips — 110 milliwatts, roughly equivalent to 15 to 20 hours of battery life on a portable device, spokesman Sunder Velamuri told Radio World. That compares to a prototype KRI armband MP3 player/HD Radio receiver that iBiquity displayed in its booth at CES, the smallest device that an IBOC chip has been integrated into so far. That device uses 500 milliwatts of power and would last between six to eight hours after one charge, Velamuri estimated."

rwonline.com/article.aspx?articleId=79000&mnu_id=14

"SP1010 Features"

"Multi-band, multi-standard broadcast digital audio and digital video receiver supporting: Total power dissipation of 110 mW in HD Radio playback."

ibiquity-hd-radio-questionnaire.googlegroups.com/web/SP1010PBV01.pdf?gda=0mCydEEAAACR8EnNn6b932oFqjtmvKnV7v2d9bXp 2xB_1SHqjSx-VFwN0TtWmQB5tOd9Gv3oMR1TCT_pCLcFTwcI3Sro5jAzlXFeCn-cdYleF-vtiGpWAA&hl=en

"Pioneer Portable Satellite Radio inno2BK"

"Pioneer Portable Satellite Radio inno2BK offers a battery time of 15 hours for playback and 5 hours for Live XM."

idealgadget.com/2008/06/27/pioneer-portable-satellite-radio-inno2bk/

"HD Radio goes portable"

"Enter the COBY HDR-700, a fully portable HD Radio tuner with integrated speakers. This baby can run completely on its rechargeable batteries for a full 5-hours at a clip."

orbitcast.com/archives/hd-radio-goes-portable.html

As we can see, SiPort duped RW, or RW duped its readers. SiPort's bogus claim was for HD Radio PLAYBACK, not for HD Radio real-time processing/reception - playback uses 1/3 less power, so it would seem that nothing has changed, and both Siport and iBiquity's cheesy armband receiver are still power-hogs. Nothing has changed - lies, lies, and more lies. BTW - this was emailed to Paul Mclane (CC'ed to SiPort), and here is Paul's reply:

"I will ask Leslie to find out the source of the info. We wish to be factual in our reporting." Paul McLane

Well Paul, it would seem that the info came straight from SiPort. This newly-discovered fraud is being posted throughout the Web, as manufacturers are probably being mislead.
post #9 of 67 Old 04-19-2009, 07:24 AM

Oh god, not you again. Give it up
post #10 of 67 Old 04-19-2009, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TydalForce View Post

Zunes don't Tag, they just Squirt.

This was the biggest problem I saw when they first announced the Itunes link thing. "Make it an open standard, not yet another brand-specific gimmick intended to steer listeners to specific products."

An HD-Radio-enabled Zune would be very tempting as a vacation all-in-one entertainment source.

Chris

"It's [expletive] lame to watch Jaws, a film that uses the 2.40 ratio as well as any ever produced, in the wrong format on HBO." -Steven Soderbergh, Oscar-winning director

post #11 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 09:50 AM

Another new Zune? OMG, I thought they said that they were surrendering after the last incarnation.

I do have a Zune, a 30 Gigger that I bought refurbed from Woot (no not the brown one, ugh). Yes, it does have its shortcomings but most of those are software related. It may be like the Edsel but it does have some nifty features. The FM tuner in my old Zune has RDS. How many MP3 players can do that? Since the Zune has always been "out there," it would sound like a logical "next step" to offer HD - except, as others have stated, the power requirements would be huge. I could see a charge only lasting 30 minutes or so, for FM HD radio.

A new Zune usually means a software upgrade for all Zunes. Look out! My Zune was totally inoperable on New Years Eve, 2008. That majorly sucked! I was stuck at work on a boring day, with no tunes. What will the next release bring?!

Honestly, my guess is also that this is nothing more than "iBiquity hype." I expect similar press releases, such as "All John Deere and Cub Cadet tractors to have HD" or "All Oster can openers can now receive HD signals." Shees....
post #12 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 01:18 PM

The Zune should be abandoned, as it only has 4% of the MP3 marketplace. The iPod has over 70%, and according to Ramsey, Apple will never add FM, or FM-HD, to the iPod, or iPhone. With thousands of Internet Radio stations available, there is no reason for Apple to ever do this. According to Ramsey, companies that do business with iBiquity get free publicity from the radio industry, which is true, if one ever looks at all of the PR Newswire releases comimg out of iBiquity. Most of the companies that do business with iBiquity have struggling products, or product-lines. MSN Direct is a good example, as there was never any consumer interest in those products, and MSN Direct finally gave up on HD Radio.
post #13 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 01:28 PM

By that same logic, then, the the Mac should be abandoned as it only has 8% of the computer marketplace. The PC has over 90%.
post #14 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhascall View Post

Another new Zune? OMG, I thought they said that they were surrendering after the last incarnation.

Honestly, my guess is also that this is nothing more than "iBiquity hype." I expect similar press releases, such as "All John Deere and Cub Cadet tractors to have HD" or "All Oster can openers can now receive HD signals." Shees....

You are absolutely correct - in the original Fred Jacobs's iBiquity HD Radio Questionnaire, the one that got quickly pulled and replaced by a sanitized version, it asked broadcasters if they would be interested in hearing about more announcements from automakers, etc. There have been Press releases, lately, hyping announcements from automakers for calendar year 2010. I believe that this is an attempt at influencing non-HD broadcasters (Ford and others are waiting on the results of the power incease for FM-HD, if there is one, but we know that it will be approved). It may also be an attempt by iBiquity to string-out its investors.
post #15 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:

By that same logic, then, the the Mac should be abandoned as it only has 8% of the computer marketplace. The PC has over 90%.

My thoughts exactly.......
post #16 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeaShutdown View Post

You are absolutely correct - in the original Fred Jacobs's iBiquity HD Radio Questionnaire, the one that got quickly pulled and replaced by a sanitized version, it asked broadcasters if they would be interested in hearing about more announcements from automakers, etc. There have been Press releases, lately, hyping announcements from automakers for calendar year 2010. I believe that this is an attempt at influencing non-HD broadcasters (Ford and others are waiting on the results of the power incease for FM-HD, if there is one, but we know that it will be approved). It may also be an attempt by iBiquity to string-out its investors.

Bingo bango!
post #17 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhascall View Post

Bingo bango!

Given that Struble has a Harvard MBA, and was a Baker Scholar, I believe that he is using these two tactics:

"Affinity fraud is an investment scheme that targets groups, such as social clubs, ethnic or religious communities. Affinity fraud artists exploit the trust within a group by playing upon our instinct to trust those who are like us. In some cases, the scam artist may be an established member of the group. In other cases, he or she may build relationships with influential members in order to gain acceptance. In either scenario, the effect is the same: the scam artist uses that trust to make a fraudulent investment appear legitimate. All too often, victims of affinity fraud are reluctant to report it and try instead to solve problems within the group. Unfortunately, this can leave another community group vulnerable to being targeted."

Given the business-model of iBiquity, with the major broadcast groups as investors, Struble's scheme seems to fit perfectly with affinity fraud. First, he got the major broadcasters to invest, then other major investors, such as Ford and JP Morgan followed, as they were lulled into a false sense of security. Because of the nature of affinity fraud, no one broadcaster wants to admit to the group that they have been scammed, so the whole group stays muzzled, kind of like the broadcast engineers that work for HD Radio Alliance stations. Also, Struble must be counting on the fact that since many ten-of-millions have already been invested, and with grants from Congress for NPR stations, who's going to back out now? He is just taking advantage of group-psychology. Blow the whistle on HD Radio, then blow the whistle on Congress and the FCC, too.

"The Scarcity Tactic: This high-pressure technique creates a false sense of urgency by claiming a limited supply. They might tell you that there's only two units left, or that the deal is closing so they need to know today, which makes it more difficult to ask questions and check the information out, says Gannon."

Again, iBiquity was giving discounts on HD Radio licenses, if broadcasters converted by a certain date - there was a limited time to get the discounts. This is pretty basic fraudulant behavior, and I can't believe that Struble didn't come up with another scheme that wasn't quite so transparent.
post #18 of 67 Old 04-22-2009, 04:09 PM

I also saw this post by a broadcaster, who had bought into HD Radio:

"As much as I hate doing it, I also run IBOC at night. When Ibiquity was checking markets, they called me and asked why I wasn't running it at night. Our contract says blah, blah blah,... So, it runs at night. Believe me, if I could go back and do it all over again, I never would have bought into it in the first place. However, the damage is done. If Ibiquity read this and got my true identity, they would probably sue over my comments. They are THAT petty. I am already forbidden against saying anything negative to the press about it. Why oh why did we sign that?"

If there is some sort of non-disclosure agreement, then this is surely a big red-flag that iBiquity was aware from the beginning that IBOC simply doesn't work, and would cause major interference. If I was a broadcaster, surely I would have never bought into it.
post #19 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 10:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I also saw this post by a broadcaster, who had bought into HD Radio:

Since the Internet is swarming with anti-IBOC lunatics who relentlessly post ridiculous misinformation and ignore all logical responses, why should we believe something from an supposed anonymous source who claims to be terrified of telling the truth?

post #20 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scowl View Post

Since the Internet is swarming with anti-IBOC lunatics who relentlessly post ridiculous misinformation and ignore all logical responses, why should we believe something from an supposed anonymous source who claims to be terrified of telling the truth?

So, anyone who has a strong opposing view is considered a lunatic? Typical of HD Radio cheerleaders. Obviously, if you had been paying close attention, the broadcaster is implying that there was some sort of non-disclosure agreement not to say anything negative about HD Radio, kind of like this engineer, who finally decided to speak out:

"A little feedback on HD Radio"

"Is anyone surprised to see stations shutting off their HD signals (12/29/08 RBR #250)? It's a flawed technology designed only to line the pockets of iBiquity. We didn't have to pay Edison to use the incandescent light bulb...we bought the bulbs but didn't have to pay to use them."

Maynard Meyer, Chief Engineer/GM
KLQP-FM Madison, Minnesota

http://www.rbr.com/features/viewpoints/12024.html
post #21 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:

So, anyone who has a strong opposing view is considered a lunatic? Typical of HD Radio cheerleaders.

We have also been called Luddites......

I love technology more than the average person but see IBOC as being an utter waste.

It might be okay on FM but the blame lies equally with the owners groups as it does with iBiquity, especially in regards to the biggest selling point - subchannels. You can have the best technology in the world but if it's not used in a positive way, misprogrammed or not programmed at all, why bother? On my Accurian, FM HD sounds about the same as analog FM and on AM, IF I can get a lock (doubtful, except during the day) it sounds like lifeless FM (unusual frequency response). If I wanted to listen to FM, I'd listen to FM.

You are right about owners being duped and being so far into this, they can't afford / are to embarrased to back away.
post #22 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Well let's see what that article does say

"Furthermore, HD is not necessary because radio can no longer compete as a music medium so let's get over it, let's give listeners something they can't get on their iPods."

Wow I don't think I've ever read such a ignorant statement in all my life. So radio should just all turn into NPR I take it? I know people that work in college radio and most of what they have IS music and no it is NOT something they'd play on their ipods.

Talk radio works well with people driving but how many honestly would turn on radio JUST to hear talk? And considering that most talk radio is conservative that's a bit of a insult to try to imply as if all of radio would go int that direction (air america).

"Radio is an information medium and it doesn't matter if that information is delivered via analog or digital transmission. I've always said that we use music to fill in the time when we have nothing important to say!"

Or if someone you know actually appreciates music. Hearing classic on hd is more of an experience rather than simply thinking they have nothing important to say. Maybe you should say that to the LSO or go to any other form of art and say "Well he had nothing important to say".

"The analog signal puts out a lot more punch over a longer distance so I would say it is the superior technology."

So a longer distance means its superior? Under that logic everyone would be listening to shortwave! If longer distance means superiority than that gives a yield to the big media outlets that are the 50kw stations at night...yeah that's exactly what we want more corporate control.

Personally I like HD because to me it sounds a bit better, I get more content and I have a display. If you want to defend analog that's fine...but why not at least try to fix RDS?

Also some of this is clearly a paradox...if it isn't music then it's what...news? Talk or maybe sports. And since it's long distances then its simply some other teams sports, some other areas news...that's not exactly what people want. IF they wanted that they'd go on the internet. You can't exactly assume an audience of DX'ers. That won't really sell to advertisers unless it's a national brand/company.

Ok so what does this guys station look like....
http://www.klqpfm.com/
Polka music, 50's music, some local news and CNN radio..hmmm
post #23 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 05:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

So, anyone who has a strong opposing view is considered a lunatic?

No, someone who makes up stuff and pretends they're facts is a lunatic. For example, 90% of COFDM transmitter power is wasted, Ibiquity has forced stations to shut their mouths about HD Radio, Ibiquity has forced stations to transmit HD Radio against their wishes, etc. You don't know if any of these things are true but you toss them around as if they're common knowledge because you really really want them to be true.

Lunatics tells us we never landed on the moon. They've managed to convince 10%-20% of the sane public. As long as lunatics keep saying something, people will assume it must be true and eventually believe it.

I've listened to HD Radio and it's simply the highest quality audio broadcasting available today. It's also the only tolerable radio reception I've ever gotten in my office since FM causes extreme distortion in multipath conditions.

post #24 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 05:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

"Is anyone surprised to see stations shutting off their HD signals (12/29/08 RBR #250)? It's a flawed technology designed only to line the pockets of iBiquity. We didn't have to pay Edison to use the incandescent light bulb...we bought the bulbs but didn't have to pay to use them."

Maynard Meyer, Chief Engineer/GM
KLQP-FM Madison, Minnesota

This guy runs a small station in a small town (anyone who is a GM and a CE of a station is barely making payroll). Not only is he hardly an authority within the radio industry, he's a great source for laughable quotes. For example, here's how he describes his audience:

"Our listeners listen for obituaries, lost and found dogs and cats, the local high school ballgame, our evening storytime with the local librarian, for the extension report, for weather watches and warnings and for a variety of other reasons, as they have for the past 20 years since we built this station."

With this audience, what does he know or care about quality broadcasting? Five years ago he predicted that digital radio would collapse just like HDTV would:

"People will not pay big bucks for a new radio, just as they won't pay big bucks for a new television for HDTV. That is a proven fact."

Yep, proven fact. Go down to Best Buy and watch people not hauling brand new HDTVs to their trucks.

Does he think Edison was giving bulbs away for free? He was charging for the use of them. Every bulb had an expected lifespan and when they burned out, you bought another. As improved models lasted longer, guess what happened. They cost more. If you don't understand what going on, that's paying for the use of something.

Does this guy think that FM came for free like his pretend free light bulbs? That Armstrong just gave the FM patents away for free (OK he did for military use)?

post #25 of 67 Old 04-23-2009, 09:50 PM

Well, the ZuneHD would be pretty sweet, except that I would not be able to use it with my itunes, airport express, Polk ipod dock, or soon to have Mac Mini. I would love the features, but considering how little I use my ipod touch outside of my house, it would serve little purpose to me.

Strong(er) competition for the ipods will force improvements faster and price drops quicker, hopefully the ZuneHD could do that.
post #26 of 67 Old 04-26-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:

No, someone who makes up stuff and pretends they're facts is a lunatic. For example, 90% of COFDM transmitter power is wasted, Ibiquity has forced stations to shut their mouths about HD Radio, Ibiquity has forced stations to transmit HD Radio against their wishes, etc. You don't know if any of these things are true but you toss them around as if they're common knowledge because you really really want them to be true.

Lunatics tells us we never landed on the moon. They've managed to convince 10%-20% of the sane public. As long as lunatics keep saying something, people will assume it must be true and eventually believe it.

I've listened to HD Radio and it's simply the highest quality audio broadcasting available today. It's also the only tolerable radio reception I've ever gotten in my office since FM causes extreme distortion in multipath conditions.

Actually, everything you stated about iBiquity is correct - engineers being muzzled, and barred from talking to the Press. Sounds like you are implying that I am a lunatic, which is a typical response when one cannot refute the facts.

For separate HD transmitter, high-level combining - The combiner is only 10% efficient. You need 5000 watts of HD RF at 30% efficiency. About 16,600 watts of additional AC will be drawn from the utility. Your utility bill increases by about 22%.

From Broadcast Archives:

"COMMENT ON HD RADIO"

"I am the Engineering Manager of a Los Angeles area AM & FM combo and have nothing good to say about AM HD Radio and little positive for FM HD. The systems are seriously flawed and cause a host of problems including serious adjacent channel interference. Fundamentally, HD Radio needs to be aborted, and the last thing it needs is a power increase. In its place, at least for FM, I'd deploy FMeXtra because it's a good spectral neighbor and it's inexpensive. It's time we station engineers spoke up despite being muzzled. HD Radio is just plain bad science."

http://www.bext.com/_CGC/2009/cgc894.htm
post #27 of 67 Old 04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Actually, everything you stated about iBiquity is correct - engineers being muzzled, and barred from talking to the Press. Sounds like you are implying that I am a lunatic, which is a typical response when one cannot refute the facts.

But you have no facts, only anonymous "sources" that for all we know may only exist only in your head. The facts are that HD Radio is broadcast on 1,000 stations, it works very well, and technology is leaving a lot of people behind. For example this person:

Quote:

From Broadcast Archives:

"COMMENT ON HD RADIO"

"I am the Engineering Manager of a Los Angeles area AM & FM combo and have nothing good to say about AM HD Radio and little positive for FM HD. The systems are seriously flawed and cause a host of problems including serious adjacent channel interference. Fundamentally, HD Radio needs to be aborted, and the last thing it needs is a power increase. In its place, at least for FM, I'd deploy FMeXtra because it's a good spectral neighbor and it's inexpensive. It's time we station engineers spoke up despite being muzzled. HD Radio is just plain bad science."

http://www.bext.com/_CGC/2009/cgc894.htm

"I am the anonymous Engineering Manager of a pretend Big City radio conglomerate. I'd like to remain anonymous because if my bosses find out I don't know nothing about digital broadcasting, I'll be in the next round of lay offs and they'll keep those know-it-all geeks with iPods they hired last year. That's how they're keeping me silent. I don't like this HD Radio because business demands that there be at least 100 kHz of dead unused frequency spectrum between stations. If this space is used, we'll have more stations and more competition and then we'll have to start playing music people like and we don't know how to do that. I don't know nothing about digital broadcasting but I know HD Radio is fraud like the Moon landings and since FMeXtra is the little guy and the little guy is always right like me I know it works perfectly. I can't say I ever heard FMeXtra because there are no receivers available and I don't know how well it works but I know it's great because it's cheap and I've never heard of listeners complaining when it breaks. People say it's unreliable because it's just an SCA that's even more prone to something called 'multipath' but that's just those Ibiquity bastards stirring up FUD and keeping the little guys down."

post #28 of 67 Old 04-28-2009, 10:51 AM

That's all pretty childish.
post #29 of 67 Old 04-28-2009, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

And it all might be true. It's why no one takes anonymous sources seriously, especially when they say things that are wrong. Your quote might just be someone's ill-informed opinion.

If you want to tell us why FMeXtra is a superior system to HD Radio, go for it. The two systems have been debated here in the past and many of us are quite familiar with how they work and how they fail. You don't contribute anything by cutting and pasting other people's opinions you've found on the Internet.

post #30 of 67 Old 04-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:

And it all might be true. It's why no one takes anonymous sources seriously, especially when they say things that are wrong. Your quote might just be someone's ill-informed opinion.

If you want to tell us why FMeXtra is a superior system to HD Radio, go for it. The two systems have been debated here in the past and many of us are quite familiar with how they work and how they fail. You don't contribute anything by cutting and pasting other people's opinions you've found on the Internet.

The reason engineers at Broadcast Archives post anonymously is so they won't lose their jobs. At least the real truth is coming out and not all engineers are posting anonymously. Consumers never wanted FMeXtra and they don't want IBOC, or its jamming - these systems are all about what broadcasters want.
Reply HD Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page