AVS Forum banner

Alpine Shipping Audio/Video/Nav System That Includes HD

625 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  followed 
#1 ·
I don't think this is news as I swear I've seen it listed before, but here you go:
Quote:
The company says “Alpine does HD.” The consumer electronic manufacturer’s “Smart Reception Management keeps you tuned in to your favorite HD digital subchannels, even when you’re in an area with limited digital reception.”
http://www.radioworld.com/article/alpine-shipping-audio-video-nav-system-that-includes-hd/214073

Oddly, this was the unit I wanted at the price point I was thinking of (last time I priced out something that had all of this, it came to $1400 locally). However, since I got an HTC Titan II windows phone, my need for a nav unit has vanished. And since my truck has surpassed 150K miles, my willingness to sink a ton of money into the dashboard has vanished, too.

If I get a new(er) truck, I'll change my mind.

#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDon  /t/1417014/alpine-shipping-audio-video-nav-system-that-includes-hd#post_22158230

And since my truck has surpassed 150K miles, my willingness to sink a ton of money into the dashboard has vanished, too.

If I get a new(er) truck, I'll change my mind.

That is why I didn't invest in a big navi-dash system. For the cost of what my Jeep is, and the amount of mileage on it, I just dropped a $120 radio in instead. But I must say, I am thrilled with it. When I do get a new Ford, I will probably end up with the in-dash navi system. My friend put one in his Impala, and it's really nice. It's a Kenwood, I believe, and it has the Artist experience and RDS on it. Pretty slick system. The GPS is a little clunky, but overall its nice.

#3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1KNE  /t/1417014/alpine-shipping-audio-video-nav-system-that-includes-hd#post_22159082

That is why I didn't invest in a big navi-dash system. For the cost of what my Jeep is, and the amount of mileage on it, I just dropped a $120 radio in instead. But I must say, I am thrilled with it. When I do get a new Ford, I will probably end up with the in-dash navi system. My friend put one in his Impala, and it's really nice. It's a Kenwood, I believe, and it has the Artist experience and RDS on it. Pretty slick system. The GPS is a little clunky, but overall its nice.

: D Kenwood is one of the best 3 car hifi brands in my opinion....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.