Sangean HDT-1 signal issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I recently picked up a Sangean HDT-1 from a garage sale for cheap. It worked fine at first, but then started developing problems. It would stop being able to find HD stations and would scan at an incredibly slow rate. It would also get to a point where it the signal strength would stay on the max, but with no sound at all, not even static. I did notice a part of it getting hot, but that could have been from sitting on the receiver.

I'm hoping you guys might have some ideas. I'm not likely to find another tuner like this for cheap. I did find the service manual, so my dad might be able to take a look at it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon View Post

I recently picked up a Sangean HDT-1 from a garage sale for cheap. It worked fine at first, but then started developing problems. It would stop being able to find HD stations and would scan at an incredibly slow rate. It would also get to a point where it the signal strength would stay on the max, but with no sound at all, not even static. I did notice a part of it getting hot, but that could have been from sitting on the receiver.

I'm hoping you guys might have some ideas. I'm not likely to find another tuner like this for cheap. I did find the service manual, so my dad might be able to take a look at it.
Sounds like it overheated for the previous user, hence the garage sale. I've had two Visteons exhibit the same behavior after overheating.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, if it's busted, I'm only out $2. The lady running the sale didn't know much about. I think the previous owner had passed away. So, is there anything I can do for it, or is it done?
Reply HD Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page