Charlotte, NC - HD Reception Thread - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 127 Old 04-10-2017, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 821 Post(s)
Liked: 182
WBT announced Hall of Fame new inductees Rockin Ray, Hello Henry, and John Hancock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 127 Old 04-17-2017, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
Speaking of WBT, the HD signal from 99.3 appears to be down since the weekend.
Looks like the HD signal has been down about a week now on 99.3 .
post #123 of 127 Old 04-18-2017, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Looks like the HD signal has been down about a week now on 99.3 .
Looks like today the HD is back up and running again on 99.3-WBT.

post #124 of 127 Old 07-31-2017, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

It seems like they may have increased the power of the HD Radio signal on Kiss 95.1 in recent days. I am 75 miles from the transmitter, and I can now receive it with just rabbit ears, whereas previously it would only decode from the larger attic antenna. And it now locks in the car radio, but not all the time. But before it would not lock at all in the car until you got into Spartanburg.

Meanwhile, I can no longer receive the HD signal from Channel 96.1. I believe it may be cochannel interference from local translator stations on 95.9 and 96.3 which increased power in the past year.

As for 107.9-WLNK, it is difficult to receive in the car due to a LPFM station interfering. Often you will hear the 2 stations on top of each other, and the HD will no longer stay locked on. But it comes in clear in the house with rabbit ears, and the HD will stay locked on there. A local engineering source said the LPFM had boosted their power well beyond the legal limit of 100 watts, but I guess it is up to Entercom to file a protest. But otherwise WLNK has a strong clear signal in Greenville County, and the LPFM really should not have been allowed. The legal spacing is too close in this case, and too many translators and LPFMs are interfering with clear reception of full power distant channels.
post #125 of 127 Old 07-31-2017, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Last week when I drove from Greenville to Columbia, I was able to listen to WLNK all the way down I-385 and I-26. And the HD stayed locked on from Fountain Inn just inside Laurens County and lasted until Broad River Rd. in Richland County. And when I was parked at the Columbiana Mall on Harbison Rd. the HD would lock on, and it would also lock on parts of I-20 and I-26 in Richland and Lexington counties. But yet again a LPFM with an inferior signal began creating interference, and both stations became problematic to listen to. Again some of these LPFMs or translators are too close to certain full power distant signals. Otherwise, WLNK has a very strong signal,with separate 8-bay and 7-bay Shively antennas for both analog and digital.
post #126 of 127 Old 08-06-2017, 08:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It seems like they may have increased the power of the HD Radio signal on Kiss 95.1 in recent days. I am 75 miles from the transmitter, and I can now receive it with just rabbit ears, whereas previously it would only decode from the larger attic antenna. And it now locks in the car radio, but not all the time. But before it would not lock at all in the car until you got into Spartanburg.

Meanwhile, I can no longer receive the HD signal from Channel 96.1. I believe it may be cochannel interference from local translator stations on 95.9 and 96.3 which increased power in the past year.

As for 107.9-WLNK, it is difficult to receive in the car due to a LPFM station interfering. Often you will hear the 2 stations on top of each other, and the HD will no longer stay locked on. But it comes in clear in the house with rabbit ears, and the HD will stay locked on there. A local engineering source said the LPFM had boosted their power well beyond the legal limit of 100 watts, but I guess it is up to Entercom to file a protest. But otherwise WLNK has a strong clear signal in Greenville County, and the LPFM really should not have been allowed. The legal spacing is too close in this case, and too many translators and LPFMs are interfering with clear reception of full power distant channels.
After observing the last week, it definitely appears they have increased the HD power on Kiss 95.1. Or at least there was some sort of technical upgrade that has enhanced the HD Radio signal. Definitely stronger than before.
post #127 of 127 Old 08-21-2017, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

News 11.10-WBT morning talk show hosted by Scott Fitzgerald is broadcasting from Greenville, SC this morning covering the Eclipse. Perhaps using technical assistance from local Entercom facilities in Greenville. Listening on WLNK-107.9HD2 with rabbit ears antenna.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD Radio

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page