Insignia NS-HDRAD HD Radio Service Mode Menus - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-09-2014, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter
awh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought one of these from Best Buy today. I can't complain too much about it, it seems to get all the local HD-Radio channels and holds lock fairly well.

But, I can't seem to leave well enough alone and started playing around with different button combinations to see if it could be reset to factory and clear all programmed channels (and it doesn't appear possible).

However, I did find some interesting 'hidden' features...

1) Hold "SOURCE" (about 5-seconds) until the following appears...
"Normal Mode"
Pressing "SOURCE" again allows you to cycle between options...
"Split Mode1" This options gives you the digital stream in the left channel and the analog broadcast in the right channel.
"Split Mode2" Appears to do the same thing as mode-1.
It resets back to normal mode on power cycle.
In split-mode you can use tune -/+ and actually listen to HD2 or HD3 and the analog broadcast at the same time.

2) Hold "MEMORY" until the following appears...
"P1 Err: Tot:"
Each press of "MEMORY" causes it to cycle between the following options...
"P2 Err: Tot:"
"P3 Err: Tot:"
"PBIT Err: Tot:"
"PBLK Err: Tot:"
In this mode one press of "SOURCE" turns on/off the sound.

3) Switch input source to "AUX" then hold "MEMORY' until all segments of LCD are shown. It resets back to normal on power cycle.

That's all I have found by trial and error. I wonder if these have been documented somewhere? I did find this PDF that kind of explains split-mode...
http://www.inovonicsbroadcast.com/wp-content/uploads/catablog/downloads/632_SplitMode_Operation.pdf
but, that's not directly related to the Insignia NS-HDRAD radio, although the functionally of split-mode should be similar.

In another forum someone mentioned that on battery power that it draws about "225 to 300 mA at moderate volumes" which got me thinking... that LCD/LED panel must be eating up a good portion of that draw and before I go tearing it all apart, has anyone tried cutting a trace and adding a switch to turn the panel off for longer battery life?

Also, if I open it up, I was thinking about adding a memory button lock, so that you can't accidentally change the programmed channels.
Reply HD Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page