HD Radio vs BlueTooth Mp3s - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-07-2016, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HD Radio vs BlueTooth Mp3s

I'm just becoming aware of HD-Radio. I just purchased a modern-era car, that had this feature.
I naturally connected my phone to play from it. It had a ton of mp3's that had come from itunes and/or microsoft either the 256/320 - variety.
I don't think the car-audio is good enough for my ears to tell the difference in quality from 320 than if I played an uncompressed file. Which I have a lot of those as well. Some would debate if anybody can tell anywhere.
However... let me get to the point...

Playing The HD-Radio I swear sounds better, when I can get it, or when it tunes all the in, and the HD symbol turns on. That is, it sounds better than playing a bluetooth audio recording.

What I haven't tried is directly hard-wiring my phone to the car, to see if that makes a huge difference in quality. It might, compared to the bluetooth. There is a port. I have a Prius.

The other thing is the FM signal range on this radio seems pretty poor. I see there is another thread for that. But perhaps I only say that, because of the HD-radio. But if the HD does not tune in, the FM-Radio on this car seems like a real-hunk of scrap-metal. My older cars sounded better. I first turned on the car-radio, and I was... 'oh my I should have went for the JBL-Trim-4 or 5' (a higher model than my car) - But then the HD kicked in... and then I was like 'ooooooh'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD Radio

Tags
bluetooth , fm radio , hd radio , mp3

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page