Improving Car Reception - Antenna Talk - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 92 Old 04-28-2016, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Let's see if I can wake this OLD thread back up?

I have a 2014 Ram 1500 with the built in HD radio. I am outside of Pittsburgh (20-25 miles). My HD works, but it takes a while to lock on then as I drive it will occasionally fade out. Also, my AM reception is HORRIBLE!

My wife bought a 2016 Mazda CX-5 and she too has an HD radio. I drove her car and the HD locks on almost immedoately and never drops out. AND her AM appears to come in much more clear than mine.

So, I am assuming her antenna which other than the satellite one on her roof, must be internal?

I have to old metal antenna on the front passenger side of my truck that sticks up in the air.

Any suggestions for me to improve my HD and AM quality?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 92 Old Today, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since we are bringing this thread back up, I'd like to bring up an FM noise problem I have in a '93 Nissan with a '90's or early 00's Kenwood head unit (KDC-S2009).
- The CD works fine with no noise; if I pause it with the key at "accessory" or "on", there is no noise.
- With middle strength to weak FM stations, they come in clearly with the key at "accessory" but when the key is turned to "on", noise drowns out the FM program, even without the engine running. The noise continues with the key in "on" after the fuel pump has shut off and if I disconnect the ignition coil.
I've had this issue ever since I got rid of the stock radio in the late 90's with another Kenwood that had this same issue.

The ground wire is connected to a bracket that holds the airbag computer.
The rear ground port and the mounting bracket are each grounded to separate bolts that hold the shifter assembly to the chassis of the car.
All three locations show good grounds (multi-meter run between the hot lead to the power port and ground shows 12.xx volts).
I recently had the antenna off when I was doing bodywork and made sure the mounting points for it were corrosion free.

So, who has ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HD Radio

taboola here
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page