HD Radio Selection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've looked at the HD radios available in the $190-220 range. There are 3 or 4 (Sangean, Accurian, Sony). I intend to buy one within a few days but don't know what distinguishes or separates them. I've gone to the various websites to research their attributes and reviews.

Previously I mentioned buying the Sangean HDR-1 in another thread because a friend already has a HDT-1X and loves it. So I thought of getting the HDR-1 based on his recommendation.

However since I have found several others in the same price range, I'm stumped as to what criteria I should use to evaluate them?

Any recommendations? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Advanced Member

The Accurian was a great value at the 99 dollars I paid 10 months ago. It has great reception (with a good antenna), but I think the speakers are quite mediocre. I dont' use them (my radio is patched through my audio system). I haven't heard the Sangean HDR-1, but have been a Sangean fan for some time. I'd buy it without hesitation. They make good products, and it's well reviewed here by others. I also have no experience with the Sony, but others have said it's comparable to the best radios in terms of sensitivity, and sounds better than the Boston Acoustics Receptor HD (a radio I AM familiar with...good sound quality, but reception which isn't in the top-tier).

My 2 cents worth.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM

I to have the Accurian and love it. The only flaw I have notice on it is sometimes from FM to AM it goes into mute, but must of the time I can just go back to FM and it comes back on, it has great reception, I have a outdoor antenna 20 feet up pointed to San antonio, so I can pick up San antonio and Austin HD channels decent most of the time.
Reply HD Radio

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page