For what it's worth, I should post my findings after unplugging everything and starting over again. I figure that's the best way to check. And I found a slight mistake, but not huge.
As mentioned, my first connection yesterday was wrong. It was the STEREO 1/4" adapter. I really wasn't getting anything, even with the sub level at the max of +12.
Well today, after my new XLR adapters were wired up, I hit the same User Mode from yesterday to be sure it was the same...... I just now realized it set the sub back to '2' (my saved user mode for music). Obviously, it changes all settings when you hit the User Mode. I overlooked it being anxious I suppose.
Soooo, I readjusted it back up to +12 and it is a noticable improvement. But, everything is at max again. I still don't think it's giving me too much more than the 100 watts/per I was getting with my other amp. At most, maybe 50%. I think the bass is cleaner though. But that could just be the extra power too.
So I'm admitting a slight mistake, but not much of one at that.
So don't rub it in!
The good thing is that I checked and rechecked multiple times tonight and can say without a doubt, this is as good as it gets right now with the setting at max and these connectors.
I don't think I will be satisfied until I test the inputs or see that clip light blink a few times!