Having finished my LLT with 16 cans of duplicolor truck bed liner spray here are my lessons learned.
#1) Apply multiple very light coats and try not to saturate the surface with paint. It will dry quite fast and the coats go on smoother. Not as rough.
#2) Vertical surfaces seem to have a better finish in contrast to horizontal. The top of my enclosure was a little more rough, almost like sandpaper. I can attribute this to the fact the particles in the paint built up where as on vertical surfaces they fell off due to gravity.
#3) Be very observant of the humidity. It took 2 days to spray my entire enclosure. The second day was much more humid and the results looked different. I ended up sanding down the small area I did on the second day and redoing it on a day which was less humid. I was doing this outside in the backyard. If you have the luxary of painting in a semi-controlled enviornment like your garage, I think you'd get better results
#4) After you've finished painting you'll find millions of tiny paint particles on the surface of your enclosure. I used a putty knife and delicately knocked them all off. I followed up with using a leaf blower to ensure all of the paint particles were off.
Some pics of the process:
Prep work (make sure you primer the wood, especially the ends if using MDF).
After noticing that the top had a different texture. I put on some bondo and resanded, repainting