Peavey IPR class D amps - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #961 of 968 Old 12-17-2014, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinq View Post
Details?
Hello Martinq

Input voltage 110 or 240 / selectable

Possible Output voltages:-

+- 53, +-64, +-78, +-93, +-104, +-130 (Unregulated SMPS)

AUX1: +-15VDC (Regulated)

AUX2: +-24VDC (Unregulated)

AUX3: +18VDC(Regulated)

FAN output +16VDC

Power: 1000W cont, 1800W PEAK

Size 12.2CMx 26CM

Protection: UVLO, Thermal, Over Current, Short Circuit , Over Voltage.

More details,

1- SMPS can face up to 15000uf of capacitance per rail without entering the protection mode (AT POWER UP).

2- FAN keeps running if the SMPS enters the thermal protection. So the SMPS will cool down.

3- Additional connector to connect EXTERNAL thermistor to sense Amplifier temperature, If needed.

5-All AUX outputs are protected.

6- ZCS resonant SMPS in compact size.

7- Facing 1KW Load at start-up without entering protection mode.

8- 2KW Peak power for 3 Seconds.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 968 Old Today, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Peavey IPR updates?

So here we are 6 years after thread was started....IPR2s are now common. For those folks that aquired an IPR or IPR2 along the way....how are they working out for you? I have/had an IPR3000, and 2 IPR2 7500s. For just me, it seems they work great until suddenly they don't. Within the last month one 7500 and the 3000 both failed......still waiting for the postmortem report from the homeland.

Last edited by john lutz; Today at 10:51 AM. Reason: correction
post #963 of 968 Old Today, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I have a pair of the IPR2-7500's for about a year now and they are still alive and kicking just fine. I've been very happy with them.
post #964 of 968 Old Today, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Have to ask only because I am planning on getting one performance wise how do you like it? I am planning on using it to power 2 HST18's and I was going to run the amp at a 2ohm per channel. Would you think this amp is much better than having 2 nu6000's?
Norman

Equipment: Panasonic 42" LCD TV, Panasonic DMP-BD65 BluRay, HP Compaq 6000 Micro Tower - for movies and music, Yamaha RX-A2010, getting ready to redo.
post #965 of 968 Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Have to ask only because I am planning on getting one performance wise how do you like it? I am planning on using it to power 2 HST18's and I was going to run the amp at a 2ohm per channel. Would you think this amp is much better than having 2 nu6000's?
Norman
Performance was very good. Reliability I now question due to having 2 of my 3 fail this month. Here is a great review - http://forum.speakerplans.com/peavey...043_page1.html
post #966 of 968 Old Today, 02:30 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Okay I like the review, just thought I would ask do you think the amps failed from driving them to hard or do you think it is something else? I am only asking because not too long ago I called and spoke to a Peavey Customer Support Rep. He spoke very highly of the 7500 but he also said from what he has seen the Crest Pro 7.5 has better components and built to handle more abuse. He also mentioned he has seen more 7500's come in for repair then the 7.5. So after reading your post I am wondering if the 7.5 would be a better option. I am not going to be blasting for hours at a time but there are times when I play my music at ref. for 30-40 minutes or when watching a good movie WOTW bu then it is at -10db. So your opinion.

Equipment: Panasonic 42" LCD TV, Panasonic DMP-BD65 BluRay, HP Compaq 6000 Micro Tower - for movies and music, Yamaha RX-A2010, getting ready to redo.
post #967 of 968 Old Today, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Keep in mind that the 7500's sell better due to price, so of course they'll see more failers due to a higher amount of units moved. I have no doubts that the Crest Pro 7.5's are better based on everything I've read. Just sharing food for thought.

JVC DLA-RS40 w/003 lamp, DIY False-wall 125" acoustically transparent screen, Darbee Darblet ,Sanyo PLV-Z2000 (gaming), 7.1 DIYSoundGroup 1099 x3 LCR & Slanted Volt 6 rears x4, Onkyo TX-NR818, Behringer EP4000 (x2), Sealed Stereo Integrity HT18"s (x8), Balanced MiniDSP, Cross·Spectrum UMIK-1, DIY Acoustic Treatments, PS3, Region Free Blu-ray playback via HTCP, Toshiba HD-A1, Roku, Leather Theater seating w/ butt shakers, Dry bar, APC H15 power conditioner, Harmony Smart Control etc
post #968 of 968 Old Today, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwf477 View Post
Okay I like the review, just thought I would ask do you think the amps failed from driving them to hard or do you think it is something else? I am only asking because not too long ago I called and spoke to a Peavey Customer Support Rep. He spoke very highly of the 7500 but he also said from what he has seen the Crest Pro 7.5 has better components and built to handle more abuse. He also mentioned he has seen more 7500's come in for repair then the 7.5. So after reading your post I am wondering if the 7.5 would be a better option. I am not going to be blasting for hours at a time but there are times when I play my music at ref. for 30-40 minutes or when watching a good movie WOTW bu then it is at -10db. So your opinion.
I have to say I was surprised by the failures. I use my stuff primarily for live sound. The IPR3000 I purchased in 2011 and used it for 3 or 4 gigs at 4 ohm both channels. Didn't abuse it but gave it a work out. It worked very well driving some full range cabs- EAW LA325s. After that it became my test amp in my garage and saw VERY light duty 'til a few weeks ago when it started turning itself on and off then quickly failed.

The IPR2 7500 is about 18 months old. When I first got it I gave it a good run - did a SMALL bar gig and ran it at 2 ohms at MODEST levels for about 3 hours. I was satisfied enough with it and then incorporated into my regular rack to power 4 to 8 ohm loads for about 5 or 6 gigs. The amp has 40 hours on it max. It went from perfectly working to dead without warning. (Sadly, I just got it back from Peavey yesterday and it was returned to me DOA. )

I have Crown XTis, Crown CEs, and QSC RMXs and SRAs in other racks that alternatly power the same fronts and monitor rigs - so I can't say it would be something in the loads or hook ups. All my equipment is kept clean and dry, transported and set up carefully, etc., etc........so 'tis a puzzelment to me.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Tags
Crown Audio Xti 2002 475w Stereo Power Amplifier 20hz To 20khz Frequency Response 1 4vrms Input Sens
Gear in this thread - 475w by PriceGrabber.com