After a ton of research I have come to have a few different thoughts.
1) No speaker stand design, but likely a versatile design that can work anywhere.
2) As for where I am going to cross them, TBD
. My monitors hit 38 Hz, so I would like a little support for their bottom end and then as much extension as possible (being limited by maintaining defined quality bass).
3) I think I am going to use 8" drivers. I really want to make a very small, but very capable sub (or two). I am looking at several drivers (JL 8w7, Sound Splinter RL-i8, CSS Trio 8, Crystal CMP 8, Audio Pulse Epic 8).
4) I have several passive designs in mind and would love some thoughts on them.
A) A single JL 8w7 in two cabinets (pseudo mini fathom).
B) Two JL 8w7 in one cabinet (pseudo mini gotham). Likely both in front, but possibly one front and rear.
C) Two RL-i8 in two cabinets. Likely both in front, but possibly one front and rear.
D) Four RL-i8 in one cabinet. Possibly all in a vertical array, but likely 2 on opposing sides.
E) Other driver designs are still possible.
5) I have not figured out if I want to do sealed, ported, or passive radiator. Quite a lot of variables still up in the air, but I am leaning towards a dual passive radiator with one on each side.
Thoughts on which way to go would be great. Thanks.