TriTrix thus far... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2009, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First off I have to say that AVS Forum rocks!

OK, now that that is out of the way, I figured I would share my progress with my TriTrix build. You can find the gallery and write-up at my new website HERE. I still can't believe that nobody snatched up "largegeek.com" before.

I have finished the towers and center (ported FYI). They are not much to look at right now. I am going to paint them once I have built the rears. But they sound awesome.

As far as the website is concerned: The gallery doesn't work properly with IE 7 down, but seems to play nice with IE 8. It is of course flawless in Firefox. If you have any issues with the site please let me know. While I am completely at home knee deep in circuitry, the web-dev thing is not my strong suite.

If you are having trouble with the gallery here are some direct links to the pics:
Pic01, Pic02, Pic03, Pic04, Pic05, Pic06, Pic07, Pic08, Pic09, Pic10

Practice static safety. Hack naked. -- MegaTokyo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I just started this kit, building it for my daughters home along with a Kappa Perfect sub. How does it sound? Looks good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattnews22 View Post

First off I have to say that AVS Forum rocks!

OK, now that that is out of the way, I figured I would share my progress with my TriTrix build. You can find the gallery and write-up at my new website HERE. I still can't believe that nobody snatched up "largegeek.com" before.

I have finished the towers and center (ported FYI). They are not much to look at right now. I am going to paint them once I have built the rears. But they sound awesome.

As far as the website is concerned: The gallery doesn't work properly with IE 7 down, but seems to play nice with IE 8. It is of course flawless in Firefox. If you have any issues with the site please let me know. While I am completely at home knee deep in circuitry, the web-dev thing is not my strong suite.

If you are having trouble with the gallery here are some direct links to the pics:
Pic01, Pic02, Pic03, Pic04, Pic05, Pic06, Pic07, Pic08, Pic09, Pic10

post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepen View Post

How does it sound?

The towers sound awesome! They really shine with Led Zeppelin and techno-ie stuff just on their own. I might need to play with the stuffing in the center, but it is great as well. I went into this with very little wood-working experience and even had to get creative in fixing a few shallow cuts, but they still turned out awesome. Anyone who has more experience than me in wood-working will turn these out easily. I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for being addicted to PBS as a child and watching New Yankee Workshop and This Old House.
I didn't mention it anywhere, but I modified them to be 4' tall to make sure they cleared the loveseat. The sound chamber is the same; there is just an extra foot added to all the sides. I think the extra weight is helping the bass response too. I don't have a sub built, but you would swear there is one in the room sometimes.

Practice static safety. Hack naked. -- MegaTokyo
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page