Originally Posted by penngray
You need to define your project goals first.
- Music only
- Overall speaker size max 42"' h (tweeter center) x 16" W (tower or stand mount)
- placement up to 3' from 14' W rear wall
- 23' L x 14' W x 9' H very slightly live, quiet room
- dedicated, seated, listening position 9' to 12' from speakers
- maybe the rare 110db peak (at seating position)
- no loud party use, no one else will be allowed to touch them, ever!
- clean, flat, clinical sound
- Small Sub(s) only if needed, can't put one/them centered between speakers
What's best, 2-way with expensive drivers or 3-way with good drivers?