Danley DTS-10 "Super Spud" DIY kit - Page 343 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10261 of 10280 Old 05-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello forum, pretty new here and I was hoping for some advice. I'm not to familiar with sound systems and with this monster I want to make sure I do things right. I got my hands on a DTS-10 but unfortunately the drivers are ripped so I need to replace them. I was thinking of getting the Alpine SWR-12D2 Type-R Are these a good replacement? Are there better options? Do I need the 2ohm or 4ohm versions of the Aplines? Thank you in advance!
masterszy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10262 of 10280 Old 05-07-2017, 09:57 AM
GPM
Senior Member
 
GPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chamblee, Ga.
Posts: 398
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Greets!

Search this thread for 'alpine', it returns the info you need...........

GM

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
GPM is offline  
post #10263 of 10280 Old 05-17-2017, 08:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Need some help finding the appropriate Filters to add to my DTS-10. I'm using a ep4000 with my sub.
masterszy is offline  
 
post #10264 of 10280 Old 05-17-2017, 08:15 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
noah katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Posts: 21,564
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Liked: 380
PEQ -4.6dB, @ 29Hz, Q=5
PEQ -8.4dB @ 55Hz, Q=8.9
PEQ -7.5dB @ 84Hz, Q=2.8
PEQ -14.4dB @ 154Hz, Q=1.1
noah katz is offline  
post #10265 of 10280 Old 09-13-2017, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member
 
holyindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Anyone in IL or sister states willing to sell their DTS-10, feel free to PM me.
Tom Bley likes this.

Last edited by holyindian; 09-13-2017 at 11:05 AM.
holyindian is offline  
post #10266 of 10280 Old 09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member
 
autox320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 563
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Hey guys. Almost another year and I still get the message when this thread bumps. Reset my password again

Still slamming the Alpines (Type-R SWR-12D2). Watched some content with an old movie buddy few weeks ago full tilt. Put some heat into the amps and coils. Vacuumed the amp fans of cat hair and dust bunnies. Good times.
n84china likes this.

"I should really see what dB levels I'm pushing. Long as it can't foam my beer during a movie we are ok "
autox320 is offline  
post #10267 of 10280 Old 09-14-2017, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee Mtns
Posts: 1,543
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 676 Post(s)
Liked: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Zaroff View Post
Are they still selling the kits at all?
They are selling them already made
Gorilla Killa is offline  
post #10268 of 10280 Old 09-17-2017, 06:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
holyindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
They are selling them already made
I dont see that option to buy on the site.
holyindian is offline  
post #10269 of 10280 Old 09-17-2017, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
Aaron Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Four Oh Six
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
I dont see that option to buy on the site.

http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/produ...ty-subs/dts10/
Aaron Smith is offline  
post #10270 of 10280 Old 09-17-2017, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
Aaron Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Four Oh Six
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 67
On another note, I have an unbuilt kit that I may not ever get around to building. I have held off building it because I also have 4 additional OEM drivers and was going to make a few clones (the 4 drivers have very little use as the original owner upgraded to Alpine drivers not long after getting his 3 DTS-10's). The room I was going to throw the DTS-10's in has crazy tactility (floating 700 sq.ft. bonus room), and is already moving really well with 4 sealed 18's (still going to add 4 more sealed 18's of course).

Any interest? I am located far away from pretty much everybody most likely (south central Montana).
Aaron Smith is offline  
post #10271 of 10280 Old 09-19-2017, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
holyindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
On another note, I have an unbuilt kit that I may not ever get around to building. I have held off building it because I also have 4 additional OEM drivers and was going to make a few clones (the 4 drivers have very little use as the original owner upgraded to Alpine drivers not long after getting his 3 DTS-10's). The room I was going to throw the DTS-10's in has crazy tactility (floating 700 sq.ft. bonus room), and is already moving really well with 4 sealed 18's (still going to add 4 more sealed 18's of course).

Any interest? I am located far away from pretty much everybody most likely (south central Montana).
I've sent you a PM.
Eitherway, anyone else wants to sell their kit or a completed dts-10 sub.. let me know.. we can work out on shipping or picking up from ur state.
holyindian is offline  
post #10272 of 10280 Old 09-19-2017, 05:51 PM
Member
 
acmcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury,MN
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I just bought two of DTS10... Would i need inuke3000dsp or inuke6000dsp??
acmcool is offline  
post #10273 of 10280 Old 09-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
holyindian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 789
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmcool View Post
I just bought two of DTS10... Would i need inuke3000dsp or inuke6000dsp??
I will let the seniors chime in, but i guess the minidsp is a better choice for you, the inuke does not go below 20hz, and minidsp has 15hz filter, and can go lower with better know how of REW.
However do u have a pre pro, if thats the case then u have better options vs the 4x4 minidsp.
holyindian is offline  
post #10274 of 10280 Old 09-19-2017, 07:07 PM
Member
 
acmcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury,MN
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyindian View Post
I will let the seniors chime in, but i guess the minidsp is a better choice for you, the inuke does not go below 20hz, and minidsp has 15hz filter, and can go lower with better know how of REW.
However do u have a pre pro, if thats the case then u have better options vs the 4x4 minidsp.
Yes I have a prepro..Use audyessey Xt32
acmcool is offline  
post #10275 of 10280 Old 09-20-2017, 02:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mcallister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Smith View Post
On another note, I have an unbuilt kit that I may not ever get around to building. I have held off building it because I also have 4 additional OEM drivers and was going to make a few clones (the 4 drivers have very little use as the original owner upgraded to Alpine drivers not long after getting his 3 DTS-10's). The room I was going to throw the DTS-10's in has crazy tactility (floating 700 sq.ft. bonus room), and is already moving really well with 4 sealed 18's (still going to add 4 more sealed 18's of course).

Any interest? I am located far away from pretty much everybody most likely (south central Montana).
Hi Aaron, would you sell just one of the original drivers? PM me price if so. Thanks!

mcallister is offline  
post #10276 of 10280 Old 09-20-2017, 03:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mcallister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Nice to see a lot of action in this thread!

I'm using 4 DTS-10's now and have the Alpines in two of them and original drivers in the other two. I blew one of the originals not running a HPF.

For the poster asking about the inuke 3k vs 6k, definitely get the 6K the extra headroom of the 6K will help.

I'm currently using 2 velodyne SMS-1's, one per pair of DTS-10's. The main reason I'm using the velos is I can High pass at 12Hz and it has both phase and polarity adjustments. I had a hell of a time getting all 4 to play nice with my mains.

I've also used a minidsp but had output issues and with no phase control couldn't get things happy at the crossover section.

mcallister is offline  
post #10277 of 10280 Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM
Member
 
acmcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury,MN
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post
Nice to see a lot of action in this thread!

I'm using 4 DTS-10's now and have the Alpines in two of them and original drivers in the other two. I blew one of the originals not running a HPF.

For the poster asking about the inuke 3k vs 6k, definitely get the 6K the extra headroom of the 6K will help.

I'm currently using 2 velodyne SMS-1's, one per pair of DTS-10's. The main reason I'm using the velos is I can High pass at 12Hz and it has both phase and polarity adjustments. I had a hell of a time getting all 4 to play nice with my mains.

I've also used a minidsp but had output issues and with no phase control couldn't get things happy at the crossover section.
Hey what is your room size...I am wondering if two will suffice in my space.. My theater is 26*13*8
acmcool is offline  
post #10278 of 10280 Old 09-20-2017, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mcallister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 1,391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Right now I have everything setup on one side of my basement which is 27x35 or so. I'm finally building a dedicated, sound isolated room on one side and will place one DTS in each corner. Final dimensions of the room will roughly be 23x14x7.9

I'd recommend a second just for response purposes, and you can never have enough headroom.

mcallister is offline  
post #10279 of 10280 Old 09-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
Aaron Smith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Four Oh Six
Posts: 878
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post
Hi Aaron, would you sell just one of the original drivers? PM me price if so. Thanks!
Hey Mcallister,

I don't think I could sell just one...unless the price was *really* right I guess...
Aaron Smith is offline  
post #10280 of 10280 Old 09-22-2017, 06:50 AM
Member
 
acmcool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Woodbury,MN
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Any advantage with alpine drivers vs oem?
acmcool is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off