Please help! trying to build rave scene in my locker at school! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-25-2009, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well first let me introduce myself: I'm Schuyler Sowa (pronounced Skyler), I'm 15 and a sophomore in high school, I get all A's and I am planning to go into electrical engineering after college because it is my passion to build things related to music and electronics. For example I just built a pair of speakers that are made entirely by me out of a water bottle and electronics, when I showed them to my friends/teachers they were incredibly impressed and we were amazed by the sound quality. I recently took these apart so I could build a pair of very nice 2.1 speakers with a sub woofer, and a rave scene in my locker at school. unfortunately I ran out of money on this and so now I'm broke and I need an amplifier subwoofer, and some led's for the strobe. So I was wondering if anyone has unused speakers, subs, or anything else you think might be useful for me lying around their home. If you do have something you can just send to me that would be amazing! You can reach me at personalskywalker@gmail.com, thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-25-2009, 08:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 492 Post(s)
Liked: 1121
a fun project for you could be to build some sort of super giant horn and put a tiny speaker on it. this is what the audio "founding fathers" did before high power amps and high power capable speakers were available. you'd learn more than putting a freebee big sub in a traditional ported enclosure.

a modern day "victor talking machine" if you will.

Listen. It's All Good.
post #3 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 04:42 AM - Thread Starter

Ok thank you, I will look in to that
post #4 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Do you have some way to power all this in your locker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasyachkin
Even i, the genius, only vaguely understand what i am saying here.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHD21 View Post

Do you have some way to power all this in your locker?

If he is sneaky and a little resourceful he can run power. I found an outlet behind the lockers when I was in high school and had an extension cord run through the back of my locker (drilled out a hole) to a small boom box. He can do it too, but don't get caught drilling holes in the locker. A friend of mine tried to do the same and got caught. Not good.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

I thought about that, and Im not entirely sure but I think I will run off of battery power as I have found battery packs from the standard 9volt to 36volt.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post

a fun project for you could be to build some sort of super giant horn and put a tiny speaker on it. this is what the audio "founding fathers" did before high power amps and high power capable speakers were available. you'd learn more than putting a freebee big sub in a traditional ported enclosure.

a modern day "victor talking machine" if you will.

I Liked this idea a lot since I have heard the sound is excellent, but apparently they are very hard to build youself and they cost quite a bit of money to buy
post #8 of 8 Old 10-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker2012 View Post

Well first let me introduce myself: I'm Schuyler Sowa (pronounced Skyler), I'm 15 and a sophomore in high school, I get all A's and I am planning to go into electrical engineering after college because it is my passion to build things related to music and electronics. For example I just built a pair of speakers that are made entirely by me out of a water bottle and electronics, when I showed them to my friends/teachers they were incredibly impressed and we were amazed by the sound quality. I recently took these apart so I could build a pair of very nice 2.1 speakers with a sub woofer, and a rave scene in my locker at school. unfortunately I ran out of money on this and so now I'm broke and I need an amplifier subwoofer, and some led's for the strobe. So I was wondering if anyone has unused speakers, subs, or anything else you think might be useful for me lying around their home. If you do have something you can just send to me that would be amazing! You can reach me at personalskywalker@gmail.com, thanks for your time!

i didnt even have lockers in highschool.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page