Personally, Yamaha. But that's just me being ornery about Behringer copying the EP design from QSC... it's a terrific design for sub duty. That said, I don't run either one - I have a QSC RMX-1850HD, which is the very design copied by the EP (actually the RMX-2450 would be the equivalent).
That said, the EP2500/4000 and my RMX do not have the variable speed fan controller the Yamaha does. If you find the fan noise objectionable, you'll have to either fanmod it or run it in another room as I do.
I should also mention I've never tried the Yammie in person. I've had experience with their gear, but not this particular amp line. Not exactly sure how it does below 20Hz compared to the RMX design.
You had mentioned the EQ2.2 and something else. What would you recommend for that? I'm just blind buying these parts because I have no idea what they do
Only thing that drives me away from Yammy is 18Hz highpass You can get output below 18Hz with the THT that the Yammy will rob you of.
The ED eQ.2 has an adjustable boost and highpass (down to 5Hz). This way you will be able to get the flattest freq response down low with your THT, or the most output, just by moving a couple of knobs.
I am routing the speaker wire through the horn to attach to the binding posts at the bottom of the THT (THT will have short feet on it to accomodate spikes, so there will be a small amount of space under the THT to run wire from amp)
I may be seeing things, but.... Did you cut the driver hole? I can't see it, maybe it's because it's the 30" version?
Edit: RB you beat me to it! LOL!
LOL, yes it is because this is the 30" wide version that from this angle the driver hole can not be seen. If you look at the past pictures I posted you can see the driver hole in at least one of them. EDIT: I see you already saw that as I was typing.
A BIG TIP: For thos wanting to build a THT, make sure that you seal on the under side of the T nuts really well, I am sure that there is a good possibility of air leaking if you don't have them quite glued in very well. I used epoxy to glue mine in, then used PL around the edges of each T nut to make sure that absolutely no air can leak around them. Better to be safe than sorry, it would be a huge pain to have to try and seal on the horn side once this thing is all put together and glued.
Finally got my amplifier delivered today, and I should be able to finish the THT on Friday and could then test it out as early as Sunday (after letting the PL dry of course) Here is a pic of the Dayton amplifier sitting in its temporary spot on the audio rack, this thing is a beast.
You guys are hilarious. I couldn't believe how much PL we went through! Just finished using the 8th tube and will have to use part of a 9th one for the access panel assembly. This 30" version really uses a ton of adhesive!