Reece's THT build just had to be a follower - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 10:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yea i got it its sitting right next to me in the packaging still. I have no clue how to use it. It doesnt have a line out its got a sub/center out, front speaker out, and rear speaker out. So i havent even opened it yet. It should work someone on here recommened it but dont remeber who.

List your favorite BASS movies here...http://lfemovies.pbworks.com/FrontPage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
No line in?
post #543 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Oh yea it got a line in. I think it was myn who reccomend that sound card ill have to pm him and ask what output he used.

post #544 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 10:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I would think the sub/center
post #545 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Hey Reece, what are the exact cables, adapters, connectors and whatever else you had to buy to get that software up and runnning?

Add your favorite bass-heavy movies here; http://lfemovies.pbworks.com/
post #546 of 610 Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Supply View Post

Hey Reece, what are the exact cables, adapters, connectors and whatever else you had to buy to get that software up and runnning?

All i had to buy was a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable and 2 STEREO 3.5mm male to rca cables. The rca's ends could be either female or male whatever you can find and use adapters accordingly and at whatever lengths you might need. And then the sound card i just bought this onehttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-101-_-Product what can i say im CHEAP! haha its been proven to work with REW.

post #547 of 610 Old 01-23-2010, 12:23 AM
AVS Special Member

I am try to give my 2 dual 12" ed subs to goku with no amps.The thought of cutting them up hurts me if wants to thats OK
post #548 of 610 Old 01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi Reece just wanted to say thanks.Reece came over today and made me reset up my system.I can really tell a deference.
post #549 of 610 Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Your welcome mike. I could tell a difference myself a little better quality highs instead of only LFE lol. Now when the SLA's are done we get to do it all over again.

post #550 of 610 Old 01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

The surrounds really came alive after the setup.
post #551 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 02:11 PM

Reece, what is the size of your THT? and which verson of Tuba it is? is it Tuba 36?

It looks great
post #552 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddeng View Post

Reece, what is the size of your THT? and which verson of Tuba it is? is it Tuba 36?

It looks great

his is the 24.5" THT ..
post #553 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thankyou david, like mj79 said its the 24.5" THT. The full dimensions are 36"x24.5"x36". Honestly its huge, but the sound that comes out of it is even bigger. Its takes a little getting use to it in the room but now i honestly hardly notice it. I need to post some recent pics of my new and improved placement. I have just been lazy i guess.

post #554 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reecew View Post

Thankyou david, like mj79 said its the 24.5" THT. The full dimensions are 36"x24.5"x36". Honestly its huge, but the sound that comes out of it is even bigger. Its takes a little getting use to it in the room but now i honestly hardly notice it. I need to post some recent pics of my new and improved placement. I have just been lazy i guess.

you should put it in your car and let us know how it sounds
post #555 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It should fit in the wifes lol. I bet it would be too much. If you can get 130db in a house imagine what it could do in a vehicle. A wall of two of them side by side would just fit in the back of a suburban lol.

post #556 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It should fit in the wifes lol. I bet it would be too much. If you can get 130db in a house imagine what it could do in a vehicle. A wall of two of them side by side would just fit in the back of a suburban lol.

lol I have a 2002 that i never use In car spl is different and to get actual spl #s you would need a Termlab sensor. But without a doubt it would be loud for sure I think if i hooked up the TL in my house it wouldnt even register cuz Its based off of pressure levels .. Hmmm That gives me an idea til I get my plate amp
post #557 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It would get some wicked cabin gain wouldnt it?

post #558 of 610 Old 01-27-2010, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Do you lose any low end below 20 hz with that PE amp>? Saw that it has a built in HP @ 20 hz.
post #559 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member

He's now using a spare plate amp that I had that we don't has a hp filter
post #560 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj79 View Post

Do you lose any low end below 20 hz with that PE amp>? Saw that it has a built in HP @ 20 hz.

Well MJ, im not sure how much i was loosing due to the 20hz HPF. I am however using a different amp now i got from snickle that were not sure if it does have a HPF or not. I dont think it does since if youve seen his graphs hes flat in room down towards 13hz. I did take measurments of mine and i was getting great output to 16hz then it went byebye lol. So i guess it didnt effect it to much. Ive been wanting take some new measurments with the new amp to see the difference but REW doesnt like me. I can not get it to work anymore. So i just played a 16hz test tone and used a ratshack spl meter and the meter said it gave me an additionl 4-5db at that frequency at the same volume level. So who knows for sure. The only way to truely compare the low end difference is to use REW or similar graphing program but thats no longer an option for me.

post #561 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well MJ, im not sure how much i was loosing due to the 20hz HPF. I am however using a different amp now i got from snickle that were not sure if it does have a HPF or not. I dont think it does since if youve seen his graphs hes flat in room down towards 13hz. I did take measurments of mine and i was getting great output to 16hz then it went byebye lol. So i guess it didnt effect it to much. Ive been wanting take some new measurments with the new amp to see the difference but REW doesnt like me. I can not get it to work anymore. So i just played a 16hz test tone and used a ratshack spl meter and the meter said it gave me an additionl 4-5db at that frequency at the same volume level. So who knows for sure. The only way to truely compare the low end difference is to use REW or similar graphing program but thats no longer an option for me.

you had the pe 240 right? What happened to it
post #562 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I traded Mr. Snickle my dayton 240 for his amplifier. I think its an old adire plate amp but not to sure maybe its like 300 watts or something like that. I don't want any hpf though because I want my room gain to carry the response as low as it can. Who am I to stop it with a hpf? LOL

post #563 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I traded Mr. Snickle my dayton 240 for his amplifier. I think its an old adire plate amp but not to sure maybe its like 300 watts or something like that. I don't want any hpf though because I want my room gain to carry the response as low as it can. Who am I to stop it with a hpf? LOL

your always thinking

Thats also one of the only reasons I wanted the ep2500.. I hope I get enough room gain with the way its laid out and get good performance fromthe 240 , But what sucks Is my room is laid out goofy.. Living room twists into the kitchen with hallways on each end , vaulted ceilings and everything as far as Layour HT/ couch etc ) is all at an angle.. Dont ask I have no idea why
post #564 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Haha, I like to think. For me hpf or not its so hard to pass up that amp for 110 shipped. The ep2500 is atleast double that shipped and very loud IMO. But its just money if you want it and can deal with the fan noise I'd buy it. I'm telling you its amzing the difference corner loading the tht makes. If at all possible find a way to corner load it don't just point it at a wall. That's the best tip I could give to get the most out of it.

post #565 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Haha, I like to think. For me hpf or not its so hard to pass up that amp for 110 shipped. The ep2500 is atleast double that shipped and very loud IMO. But its just money if you want it and can deal with the fan noise I'd buy it. I'm telling you its amzing the difference corner loading the tht makes. If at all possible find a way to corner load it don't just point it at a wall. That's the best tip I could give to get the most out of it.

So whats called for on a corner load??? That big I would sat aboout 18" - 2 feet off a wall? And how could you not face the opening against the wall? thats how you get all your roll off and alot of boom
post #566 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I guess I wasn't clear. You'd want to corner load facing the mouth to the wall. The center of the horns mouth needs to be 18" from the corner where the 2 walls meet. But yes your right you want the mouth facing the wall performance wise but the absolute best is corner loaded. I hope that's a little more clear.

post #567 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well I guess I wasn't clear. You'd want to corner load facing the mouth to the wall. The center of the horns mouth needs to be 18" from the corner where the 2 walls meet. But yes your right you want the mouth facing the wall performance wise but the absolute best is corner loaded. I hope that's a little more clear.

You probably explained it just fine.. Im just slow

Yea Ive always corner loaded everything and ppl always advised me against it because it =gets to boomy, and thats all you hear instead of the accuracy and freq response.. I like it a little boomy, as long as its still accurate too tho
post #568 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well I assure you a THT is nothing like a convential sub and is far from boomy. It sure deliver some immense output with amazing clarity but boomy should be in the same sentence as THT lol. Look I just sin'd myself haha. Yea man so far for me it has defied every sub placement myth out there so I wouldn't worry just corner load it if possible and enjoy it. And know you have better bass than most people would even dream of having. Thos poor guys spending 2k on commercial get up that still can't compete. But not everyone can diy so its not always an option. Were just fortunate to have half way decent eye hand coordination lol.

post #569 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

I have my room treated and the "corner" is actually curved with these - http://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/p...nel-146276.jpg , 2" thick behind it is 2" of glasswool floor to ceiling on all walls, the corner has like 8" of glasswool behind the curved board.

Its not exactly like that board but its similar. Should I still be corner loading it?
post #570 of 610 Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadent_Spectre View Post

I have my room treated and the "corner" is actually curved with these - http://img.archiexpo.com/images_ae/p...nel-146276.jpg , 2" thick behind it is 2" of glasswool floor to ceiling on all walls, the corner has like 8" of glasswool behind the curved board.

Its not exactly like that board but its similar. Should I still be corner loading it?

That stuff just seems as it would improve bass response and give you better acoustics...
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page