post #601 of 615 Old 04-26-2011, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thomas-W, where are you?

KW, failed super hero

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 615 Old 05-01-2011, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have decided to take Thomas-W's advice and build a manifold on my door to house (4) Fi IB3 18's on the top and make 2 slot ports on the bottom out of the rectangles already there. The door is 1.25" thick, I will make a template/face of the entire door adding .75" to the thickness. I'll make a 25"x25" panel to plug the ports so I can run true IB as well. Here is a pic he suggested for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas-W View Post

Go to Home Depot buy a cheap solid core door, do something like this .......

I will begin tearing the Twin Towers down tomorrow and use the wood to build the manifolds and ports. It will be nice to get the EP4000s out of the HT room cuz I haven't done the fan mods.

The IB3s are custom dual 4 ohm, 4 layer IIRC, series/parallel 4 ohm bridged per EP4000 (2 EP4000s, 2 subs per amp bridged).

I am wasting and tearing apart a very wonderful performing pair of enclosures. Under 10% THD these things hit 124dB @ 10Hz and 130dB @ 23Hz. If I would have braced them better that 25Hz-40Hz would have been fixed. They were 125 cubic feet each with a 12" port 12" long for a 13.4Hz tuning, 2 IB3s per tower.

Here is the new build:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post20382215
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1231247

KW, failed super hero

post #603 of 615 Old 05-02-2011, 12:26 AM

Liked: 10
Krypto, I don't know how I missed this thread but "WOW". I just read all 21 pages and I am amazed with your build and everything you have done in your HT room. Those boxes are huuuuuge! It seems you have had a lot of fun destroying your house. This is a hobby for champions, go big or go home I say. Also, it looks like you have an awesome GF/wife for supporting everything you have done. I know mine would have probably stabbed me in the eye with a rusty screw driver if I had tried to attempt any of this.

Big thumbs up to you for all your experimenting.
post #604 of 615 Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thank you very much Turtlepoker, it has been one long adventure packed with lots of little ones I just can't let it stop, I gotta keep on movin! She's not happy about tearing the towers down at all. I think she will come around

KW, failed super hero

post #605 of 615 Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The part of the tower I cut down that crashed through the window is still holding up just fine as a window:

Finally added the steps I was talking about way back when

Was going to autocarpet it but this looks better

Black light right over the top for safety and that theater feel

KW, failed super hero

post #606 of 615 Old 09-19-2011, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hey 900 more to go to break 50,000! Prolly won't happen, sure would be cool though

KW, failed super hero

post #607 of 615 Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I am sad this never reached 50,000 hits. Can I get just a little love then its retired for good?

To make an honest post, I believe I had the same effect with the doors open vs the doors closed with the towers as well, so that could rule out the bandpass effect on flow vs pressure, however 256 cubic feet inside the listening room could also have had the same bandpass effect.

KW, failed super hero

post #608 of 615 Old 09-23-2011, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 60
just another look

thats a few hundred for me

If u keep posting then i'll keep reading lol
post #609 of 615 Old 09-23-2011, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post

just another look

thats a few hundred for me

If u keep posting then i'll keep reading lol

makes my night holic!

KW, failed super hero

post #610 of 615 Old 09-24-2011, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptonitewhite View Post

makes my night holic!

lol had to click once I saw it was bumped

bump
post #611 of 615 Old 09-24-2011, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

it's getting closer! If I had some cool pics to put up that related that would be sweet :-P

KW, failed super hero

post #612 of 615 Old 09-24-2011, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

KW, failed super hero

post #613 of 615 Old 09-24-2011, 11:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

50,000!

Thank you AVS for welcoming me into your wonderful community!

KW, failed super hero

post #614 of 615 Old 10-01-2011, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I don't believe I ever posted this vid, Walk Wid A Waddle, I'll keep all tower vids to the tower thread and all manifold vids to the manifold thread from now on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeU6OmJABU

KW, failed super hero

post #615 of 615 Old 04-25-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 658
R.I.P.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1399995

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page