Reed Exodus Anarchy 25hz Tapped Horn - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 55Likes

Old 10-24-2016, 01:55 PM
GPM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Well, basically, it's your call as all I can do is try to give you as much accurate info as I feel I can for you to make an informed enough decision.

For me personally, if I were choosing based on price/availability and this driver was the best bang/buck and all I needed was a ~25-80 Hz BW, then combined with my 60+ yrs of experience in this hobby I'd use it in a 'New York minute'.

Hmm, wonder why, it's from a Google image search and seems to me it's 'buried' in this thread as well as in a HTF one as well. Regardless, try this one: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_WXjTASetbPo/S6...chy%201w1m.JPG

......and if that doesn't work, scroll down to see it in Google images: https://www.google.com/search?q=exod...6.5+th&imgrc=_

GM

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
If I could get hold of the correct drivers for this design without jumping through crazy, expensive hoops, I'd build a pair in a "Bristol second"

Thanks for the image links again - isn't that frequency graph for the Anarchy driver, not the Tang Band W6-1139SIF I posted about though?

I've started the journey now, so I'll see where it takes me. I'd much rather build something that I can learn from, rather than just dropping hard-earned on a branded device.

I'm sure there are other designs out there that might fit the bill, just happens that this is the most interesting one I've found so far
Old 10-24-2016, 03:13 PM
GPM

Hmm, we seem to be having a 'failure to communicate'........

Understood, I was just saying if I wasn't willing to pay for the correct drivers and the TBs were the best 'fit' overall available to me, but I'm not you or live in your room, etc., so not meant to sway you either way............

You're welcome! Correct, I was pointing out that this driver/TH alignment sims slightly under-damped, but is actually slightly over-damped in reality.........

Anyway, good luck with the search; from dim memory it seems like this particular base TB model was one of a series of near identical models WRT its [close enough ] T/S specs and a number of different TH alignments were posted for them that will likely be optimized 'close enough' for the SIF, so Googling W6-1139 to satisfy my curiosity returns at lot of links for one to research: https://www.google.com/search?q=W6-1...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Have fun!

GM

Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:22 PM

Thank you for your patience - all crystal clear now

Sorry, I'm obviously new to this particular world, but I've built crazy projects on completely different topics in the past. I'm going to duck out and stop asking silly questions. Enjoy your day now
Old 10-24-2016, 05:18 PM
GPM

You're welcome!

No problemo, statistically, very few on the audio forums 'have a clue' since harnessing Mother Nature is no trivial pursuit once one moves past a basic sealed or reflex [Helmholtz resonator] alignment. Without computers, powerful software, there would be few, if any, 'open' audio forums, instead it would be like in prosound, antenna and other specialized forums that severely restrict letting the 'unenlightened' post.

Well, you know what they say, it's only a silly, stupid/whatever, Q when you ask the same one over n' over. Anyway, hope I haven't discouraged you too much to continue.

Thanks, have a better one!

GM

Old 10-25-2016, 01:07 PM

Its all good - I appreciate the advice.

I've been a senior / long term member of other forums on different topics in the past, so I understand n00bs coming along wanting the world and knowing nothing.

I still want to do this project, but it'll take a sideline until I can work out a solution to acquiring drivers... or just suck up the cost. Unfortunately the current political climate isn't on my side at the moment to keep costs down
Old 10-25-2016, 01:29 PM
GPM

I hear ya! I'm 'sitting on the fence' of some mega major lifestyle changes, purchases [or not] pending which way the 'wind blows'.

GM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement