Official Rythmik Audio DIY Subwoofer Kit thread - Page 12 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #331 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
This thread needs some life smile.gif . Wondering what anyone thinks of my idea of using side subs midway up the rooms length on both left and right walls..
I want to use dual 1200ci drivers with a HX800 amp. Build two sealed boxes that are 2.1cu and place one at the left side & one at the right side, the cabinets will measure 40.5" tall by 14.5" wide and 7.5 deep. The reason for such odd dimensions is so they fit into the side columns in my room, had the columns been wider I would use 15" drivers but they are only 17" wide. The drivers will direct sound forward from the sides toward each other across the room, the drivers will be placed low in the column. I've done cabinets that are narrow before for my rear rythmik subs with excellent results, as long as the internal volume is correct it works. I have to decide how I want to connect the side subs to the denon 4311ci, both outputs sub1 and sub 2 are being used for the other 8 drivers (in 5 kits). This will bring up the subs too 6 kits for a total of 10 drivers . Would appreciate any input /ideas on the best way to approach
Connectivity for overall balance of the subs.

Sub ci kits presently 5 will add another total after 6
2. 600 watt f25
2. 370 watt f15
1. 800 watt f25

Here is a picture of the way I incorporated the rear subs into the back wall and one of the column I will place the 1200ci cabinets.

PeterV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 04:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1295
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonleepenn View Post

Wondering what anyone thinks of my idea of using side subs midway up the rooms length on both left and right walls..
Floyd Toole thinks it's OK.
http://www.harman.com/EN-US/OurCompany/Innovation/Documents/White%20Papers/multsubs.pdf

Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design

The Laws of Physics aren't swayed by opinion.
post #333 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 06:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I've wanted to explore building a DIY Rythmik sub but I am not sure where to order the parts. I'd like a couple 1510 drivers and PEQ600 amps. Do I contact Rythmik directly for a quote?

Anthem MRX-500 - Vincent SAV-P200 - RAW Acoustics Lambda Plus arrays, Apex C II center and HT4 towers - Rythmik FV15HP - Vizio XVT553SV - Xbox One - Xbox 360 - WD Live TV - QNAP TS212 NAS w/WD Red drives - APC H15BLK
post #334 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emetw View Post

I've wanted to explore building a DIY Rythmik sub but I am not sure where to order the parts. I'd like a couple 1510 drivers and PEQ600 amps. Do I contact Rythmik directly for a quote?

Yes contact Brian at Rythmik.check out the site Rythmikaudio.com, look at the DIY kits.

I'll read up on Floyd Toole 's theories.
Thanks

PeterV
post #335 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 09:42 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emetw View Post

I built two of the rhythmic subs your looking at and couldn't be happier. I have built a total of 3 subs over the last three years, and Enrico and Brian have answered every question I had. There support and product is top notch. Just give them a call or shoot them an e-mail, they get back to you pretty quick.

These are my latest DS1510 with peq600xlr3 amps.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Yamaha CX-A5000, ATI AT 2007 Amp (7X200W), ATI AT 2004 Amp (4X200W)
Klipsch RF 63's - Main, RB 61's - Front heights, RC-62 - Center, RS-62's - Surround, RS-52's - Rear Surround
2 Rythmik DS-1510 DIY Subwoofers (With PEQ600XLR3 Amp) each connected with Antimode 8033S-II
post #336 of 341 Old 02-13-2014, 09:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 784
Quote:

Wondering what anyone thinks of my idea of using side subs midway up the rooms length on both left and right walls..
Good idea. Even better if you can centre the driver at the midpoint of room height.

Sanjay
post #337 of 341 Old 02-14-2014, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Good idea. Even better if you can centre the driver at the midpoint of room height.

Interesting, why midway up height of room? Please elaborate I am open to ideas and yes I can do if I want.
Thanks

PeterV
post #338 of 341 Old 02-14-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Interesting, why midway up height of room?
Same reason for placing subs "midway up the rooms length". There are big peaks & nulls at the midpoint of any room dimension. Peaks can be pulled down with EQ, but it is impossible to similarly boost your way out of a null. However, placing subs in those nulls can minimize their effect (hence the suggestion).

Sanjay
post #339 of 341 Old 02-14-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:

Same reason for placing subs "midway up the rooms length". There are big peaks & nulls at the midpoint of any room dimension. Peaks can be pulled down with EQ, but it is impossible to similarly boost your way out of a null. However, placing subs in those nulls can minimize their effect (hence the suggestion).

I did give this some thought, same reason for having subs at the rear all to minimize or eliminate peeks/nulls smoothing out the frequency . Thanks for pointing it out, I'm glad you brought this up. In the case of my room, I'm hoping it works out as I intend to put the sub in the column that is closest to the mid length of the room which is 24'. The columns middle is
13'.6" from the front wall, not quite the mid which should be 12'. I suppose I can do it at 12' but that would be more work. If you look at the photo showing the columns the one closest to The seats is where I will install it. In that column,high up is a JTR T8 side channel, i have two rows of side surrounds all JTR T8's, below is where the sub cabinet will go. And the other sub driver across the room in said column. I like how the HX800 plate servo amp has this flexibility of separating the dual drivers. If you look at that same photo between the columns is where I could place the sub with a lot more work,and then instead use the 1500ci drivers. What do you think? Then I have to decide how best to connect the side sub.eek.gif
Thanks for any input.

PeterV
post #340 of 341 Old 02-14-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

When you said "midway" up the room length, I thought you really meant mid way, not 18 inches from that location. IF you can put the subs at the midpoint of room length, then that will be help smoothen out peaks & dips around 24Hz and 71Hz along the length of your room (i,e., make the bass more consistent between your two rows).

Sanjay
post #341 of 341 Old 02-14-2014, 03:57 PM

Quote:

When you said "midway" up the room length, I thought you really meant mid way, not 18 inches from that location. IF you can put the subs at the midpoint of room length, then that will be help smoothen out peaks & dips around 24Hz and 71Hz along the length of your room (i,e., make the bass more consistent between your two rows).

Then I will do it right. Sometimes it takes a little bit of thought and re-think things, i needed to hear it so thanks for the frank input. Also I will use the HX800 amp with the 1500ci drivers and not the twelves. What are your thoughts on connecting the sub. This will be a different location from sub1 (front subs), sub2 (rear subs). I know I can hookup the side subs at either the sub 1or 2 output but then they would just be sharing the output and balanced the way Audyssey does a single output unit. I'm thinking of connecting the sides to the rear sub2 output and see how it goes from there. The 1500ci drivers are out of stock according to the Rythmik website. I'll call Brian about availability .
Thanks

PeterV
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page