Official Rythmik Audio DIY Subwoofer Kit thread - Page 13 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
post #361 of 364 Old Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrclark View Post
It appears there's a Rythmik DIY kit that provides for two 12-inch aluminum-cone drivers in one enclosure: on Rythmik's website, it's under the "Custom Installation > DS1200 Custom Install" tab. According to Rythmik, "With HX800XLR3 amplifier, one can drive two drivers with one single amp. It has two Hypex 400WRMS power amplifier modules in one heat sink so that each module independently drives one driver with servo control."

This would seem to circumvent the "no 8-ohm Al-cone 12" issue.

(PS--Sorry for lack of links... as a newbie, board software won't yet allow me to include 'em.)
Excellent! I had forgotten about that new Rythmik amp, made for exactly your desire of a dual woofer per enclosure sub. That will make a great sub!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 364 Old Today, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm leaning towards putting two 12-inch Rythmik drivers in my old Velodyne ULD-15 enclosure, in a sealed push-push configuration.

Given that the ~ 2.5 cubic foot enclosure is about the right volume for a single 12-inch driver, I reckon that it is also about right (to first approximation) for 2 drivers in a push-push configuration. Each driver would "see" an enclosed volume of ~ 2.5 cubic feet, more-or-less independent of the other driver.

In other words, the Velo box should work as well with two 12-inch drivers, as with one.

Am I correct in this line of thinking?
post #363 of 364 Old Today, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 70
As long as the 2.5 volume is the required volume for the Rythmik, any 2.5 cubic foot enclosure would work...
post #364 of 364 Unread Today, 11:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by qguy View Post
As long as the 2.5 volume is the required volume for the Rythmik, any 2.5 cubic foot enclosure would work...

The Rythmik aluminum-cone woofer is spec'd as needing a 2.0 cu.ft. box, so the OP will have a half a cu.ft. for added bracing, a very good idea. As for two woofers needing the same volume as one, that I don't know. But two opposing drivers can't be a bad thing (as Mark Seaton will tell you. Bill Fitzmaurice, on the other hand, disputes the claim of force-cancellation resulting from the dual-opposed woofer design).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page