DIY bass horn build...Up next - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #451 of 455 Old 02-04-2015, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 301
@Archaea, @Gorilla83

Here is the v2 template from the print. If either of you want I can just send you the print PDF or DXF if you want. If you can handle large assemblies or parts files there are all sorts of options there as well. I'd need you to pm me your email though. I have a couple of guys I need to send the plans to next time I get a chance anyway.

Also I just read back through this thread and there is some great discussion going on at the beginning. I've learned so much since then. Also realized that the Gjallarhorn version 1 is now 4 years old. Dang.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GH2 side panel template.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	526177  
LTD02 likes this.

Last edited by Ricci; 02-04-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 455 Old 02-04-2015, 03:59 PM
d_c
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Also I just read back through this thread and there is some great discussion going on at the beginning. I've learned so much since then. Also realized that the Gjallarhorn version 1 is now 4 years old. Dang.
My Gjallarhorns had their 1 year birthday a couple of months ago. I am amazed that more people haven't built them with all of the bassheads we have running around here on AVS. This has to be one of the best gifts to the DIY community - thanks again for sharing, Josh. I just bought a couple of UXL18 in case I need to build two more (probably will)
post #453 of 455 Old 02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 1237 Post(s)
Liked: 1555
gjallarhorn2 just looks badazz.
Gjallerhorn v2

Listen. It's All Good.
post #454 of 455 Old 02-04-2015, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
My Gjallarhorns had their 1 year birthday a couple of months ago. I am amazed that more people haven't built them with all of the bassheads we have running around here on AVS. This has to be one of the best gifts to the DIY community - thanks again for sharing, Josh. I just bought a couple of UXL18 in case I need to build two more (probably will)
I believe that this is due to the difficulty & complexity of the build as compared to sealed & ported designs, I wish I have the skills to build two of each Ghorn & Othorn as well
post #455 of 455 Old 02-04-2015, 04:24 PM
d_c
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 405 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 View Post
gjallarhorn2 just looks badazz.
It does look mean! Mine look a lot more friendly, like something you could take home and introduce to the folks:

LTD02 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page