How do I set the gain properly on my sub amplifers using the balanced miniDSP? If the mini was not part of the equation I would be okay the issue I am having the mini has the input and output gain that is where I have the problem how do I know where to set it?? I was thinking of doing it this way:
1. Disconnect all speakers
2. Turn avr trim up on all speakers in avr
3. Play 0dbfs tone through all speakers, use "All Channel mode"
4. Crank avr to 0db (or cleanest level before distortion)
..now you have max voltage coming out of the avr's sub pre-out....
5. Turn your subs pro-amp input gain up until the indicator flickers red then goes solid red. (Note this setting, don't ever change it)
6. Rerun your room correction in the avr to set your speaker/sub trims in the avr OR use a spl meter to set your speakers and sub trims in your AVR, using your avr's built in tones so that each speaker and your sub are playing 75db at your listening position.
Once that is done then go back and adjust the input to max adjust the output to right before clipping. Really just looking for a simple way to do this thanks in advance.
Last edited by nwf477; 04-19-2016 at 07:37 AM.