** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 160 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6681 Post(s)
Liked: 3683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrown2020 View Post
According to website:
USB self powered device and wide range of DC power options (4.5 to 24VDC)

So, I still need to power it with AC adaptor? I did order it with the miniDSP that arrives Saturday. Do you leave it plugged in at all times? Does the automatic sub turn off still work?
Thanks!
Mine is powered all the time, and yes, my subs do turn off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2017, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
Mine is powered all the time, and yes, my subs do turn off.
Jerry,
Could you have a look at post #3807 and see if I'm on the right track? Thanks again for all you help!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBrown2020 View Post
I just purchased the minDSP 2x4 unbalanced. I plan on using it with 2 SVS PB-2000's & 1 PC-2000 (Same amp & drivers). The subs input sensitivity is 350mV. Is the .9V output on the miniDSP for each of the four outputs or combined (.9V divided by 4). I will be using this with a Marantz AV8802a.

I just did the voltage gain test using a Fluke 114 True RMS voltmeter. I had audyssey enabled by mistake when doing measurements, does it really matter? With MV=0 (reference) SW trim was as follows:
-5.0 = .998V
-5.5 = .940V
-6.0 = .890V
So if I set trims for combined subs (75dB) at -6.0 I should be good?
Thanks!
Each sub gets .9v. You should be just fine.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I was.looking at the 2x4 HD as an active XO and DSP. Is there a LF cutoff and is it adjustable?

With the advanced plug in it is.

I wanted to run my midbass unit between 50Hz to 1kHz. It has a short xmax and in a vented box it could exceed xmech from 25Hz down at rated power. Now I can proceed with the vented design.

Last edited by Steve Hanna; 02-21-2017 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2017, 04:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hanna View Post
I was.looking at the 2x4 HD as an active XO and DSP. Is there a LF cutoff and is it adjustable?

With the advanced plug in it is.

I wanted to run my midbass unit between 50Hz to 1kHz. It has a short xmax and in a vented box it could exceed xmech from 25Hz down at rated power. Now I can proceed with the vented design.
Yes, I believe that all of the MiniDsp's have high pass filtering capability.
Old Today, 10:29 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Perhaps stupid questions but:

In AustinJerry's guide where it discusses gain matching... I assume this is done with the AVR/Pre-Pro test tones with volume set at reference, so that both subs together achieve 75db at listening position? The Marantz I'm using plays those tones based on what the current volume is set to, which is why I am asking.

Also, though this Marantz has XT32/Sub EQ, I have had no luck with it working correctly (seems to have issues with delays, causing cancellation until distance tweaks are applied). Should I just pick up 4-way Advanced and run both subs off single input channel? My assumption is if Audyssey is trying to EQ the bad (pre distance tweak) output, then it is getting the EQ wrong...trying to adjust for nulls that aren't there after tweaking is completed, possibly making overall EQ worse.
Old Today, 10:53 AM
** Man of Leisure **

Quote:
Originally Posted by domain View Post
Perhaps stupid questions but:

In AustinJerry's guide where it discusses gain matching... I assume this is done with the AVR/Pre-Pro test tones with volume set at reference, so that both subs together achieve 75db at listening position? The Marantz I'm using plays those tones based on what the current volume is set to, which is why I am asking.

Also, though this Marantz has XT32/Sub EQ, I have had no luck with it working correctly (seems to have issues with delays, causing cancellation until distance tweaks are applied). Should I just pick up 4-way Advanced and run both subs off single input channel? My assumption is if Audyssey is trying to EQ the bad (pre distance tweak) output, then it is getting the EQ wrong...trying to adjust for nulls that aren't there after tweaking is completed, possibly making overall EQ worse.
With the latest Marantz AVR's the speaker level-setting test tone levels depend on the MV setting. To achieve a 75dB test tone, you need to increase the MV to zero.

There is no reason why XT32 should not work just fine for two subs. Audyssey will ping each sub separately during the first measurement sweep and time-align the two subs with each other. Where Audyssey sometimes falls short is the time alignment between the combined sub signal and the mains, which is why many of us recommend conducting the "Sub distance tweak" after Audyssey has concluded.

A 2x4 addresses the inter-sub time alignment, which is already being done quite effectively by XT32. IOW, I don't see any reason why you should abandon XT32 in favor of a 2x2. Recall, I wrote my Guide because I was transitioning to Dirac Live on the MiniDSP 88A, which has only one sub input. This is an entirely different situation.
pepar likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement