Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #2341 of 2439 Old 05-10-2014, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Nice DW! I would say that 25hz tiny dip isn't even audible. It is fun isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2342 of 2439 Old 05-10-2014, 07:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked: 220
I just need to get REW working again si I can measure! Right now I have just an XT32 calibration and a low shelf implemented blind.
post #2343 of 2439 Old 05-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Wondering if the following is a good idea.

I have a possibly broken subwoofer amp and 2 passive subwoofers, rated to 200W, and a 3rd powered amp. I have a Parasound 5125 with spare channels on it rated 125W@8ohms and 185W@4ohms.

Is it desirable/workable/?-able to get a MiniDSP to do distance/phase/crossover for the passives and use the Parasound to power the passive subs?

Or is this just a bad idea?

Apart from the controls (phase x-over, et), why/how are subwoofer amps different from other amps anyway?
post #2344 of 2439 Old 05-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 141
^ That is perfectly acceptable. Phase/crossover are really the only things that make subwoofer amps different then a full range amplifier. Most the guys around here are using pro style full range amps to driver their subs because they give you the most watts for your $. I am using a miniDSP + pro amps in my current setup, but before I got the pro amps I was using an old Sony AVR to drive my passive subwoofers. biggrin.gif
post #2345 of 2439 Old 05-24-2014, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have the IR hex codes or equivalent for the minidsp 4x10HD? I want to use the codes with iRule and don't have an ir grabber anymore, so cannot import the code into the pc.
post #2346 of 2439 Old 06-09-2014, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey guys, thinking of getting the Mini DSP. What are all the pieces i wold have to get including software? I have the following equipment:

Anthem MRX300
4x Dayton Ultimax 15 in their own sealed enclosures
Cerwin Vega CV-5000 powering all 4 subs. Using both channels (2 subs per channel)

Thanks for any info and help.
post #2347 of 2439 Old 06-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 74
^04rex,

Hardware wise you can get either the unbalanced/balanced version of the 2x4 MiniDSP to control up to 4 subs. The unbalanced unit has limited voltage on the input (2 Vrms) and output (0.9 Vrms) - these are mainly for typical consumer set-ups that have RCA connectors. The balanced version has the same maximum input voltage of 2 Vrms, but the maximum output is increased to 2 Vrms. The balanced version has Phoenix block connectors which requires wire stripping and termination. I've got the unbalanced version and not familiar with the balanced version. Others have given ideas on how to get the right cables that have XLR on side and bare on the other.

What you need to figure out is the maximum voltage that your AVR has at the sub RCA socket, ask Anthem or your Anthem dealer for this. If it's less than 2 Vrms, you're good to go. If more than 2 Vrms, you'll need to get an attenuator like this one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24EU3OAH32MB9&coliid=I16D50A72SGODJ it'll reduce the AVR sub output signal by at least 1/3

Also check what the maximum voltage your sub amp (cerwin Vega CV-500) needs to drive it to full output. If your amp needs more than 2 Vrms that the balanced version can do, then you'll need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S7T49K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24EU3OAH32MB9&coliid=I2H2172OASIHI1

That completes the hardware selection.

For software plug-in, the 2 way advanced crossover plug in will enable you to control up to four subs. AVS member Neutro has written a great tutorial on how integrate multiple subs with the MiniDSP here in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488457/tutorial-dual-sub-integration-using-the-minidsp, post questions to Neutro there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post

Hey guys, thinking of getting the Mini DSP. What are all the pieces i wold have to get including software? I have the following equipment:

Anthem MRX300
4x Dayton Ultimax 15 in their own sealed enclosures
Cerwin Vega CV-5000 powering all 4 subs. Using both channels (2 subs per channel)

Thanks for any info and help.

Edit: 11-Jun-2014. Text revised as per zeus33 comment in post #2352.
Boxozaxu likes this.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #2348 of 2439 Old 06-09-2014, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Does anyone have experience with the compressor? The only limit you can apply in terms of voltage is in dbfs.

I'm wondering if the dbfs is metered only by the mini-dsp itself or??

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #2349 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello.

Hope somebody can help me , with some questions i have :-)

I am running at 5.1 Procella system , with a Anthem AVM 50v processor. But i would like to have control over the EQ - that is not the case with the onbord EQ - ARC. Re-measure with REW , after ARC have dos it thing ,says that not all issues are fixed. First of all - i want full control , to deside were to apply filters...and not.

I have locking at the MiniDSP , and the Xilica XP8080.....tree times the price as the MiniDSP 8x8.

BUT - i am unsure that the AD converters in the MiniDSP is in the same leage , as the Xilica EQ.....in generel - will the AD converting mess up any thing , in regards of quality , no matter if it is the MiniDSP or the Xilica DSP

regards Peter
Denmark

Peter
Denmark
post #2350 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 148
The MiniDsp sounds fine and in my opinion works very well without imparting any negative issues wrt SQ, however, if you want full DSP control, I would get an iNuke1000dsp for your L+R speakers. It has built in DSP and amplification. Less components in the signal chain, and no negative effects on the SQ, heck, having more power and DSP built in should improve the SQ by quite a large margin!
post #2351 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.las View Post

Hello.

Hope somebody can help me , with some questions i have :-)

I am running at 5.1 Procella system , with a Anthem AVM 50v processor. But i would like to have control over the EQ - that is not the case with the onbord EQ - ARC. Re-measure with REW , after ARC have dos it thing ,says that not all issues are fixed. First of all - i want full control , to deside were to apply filters...and not.

I have locking at the MiniDSP , and the Xilica XP8080.....tree times the price as the MiniDSP 8x8.

BUT - i am unsure that the AD converters in the MiniDSP is in the same leage , as the Xilica EQ.....in generel - will the AD converting mess up any thing , in regards of quality , no matter if it is the MiniDSP or the Xilica DSP

regards Peter
Denmark

minidsp also has toslink in/out so you can stay all digital if your other equipment supports it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

The MiniDsp sounds fine and in my opinion works very well without imparting any negative issues wrt SQ, however, if you want full DSP control, I would get an iNuke1000dsp for your L+R speakers. It has built in DSP and amplification. Less components in the signal chain, and no negative effects on the SQ, heck, having more power and DSP built in should improve the SQ by quite a large margin!

I have doubts that the iNuke will be the same signal quality as the minidsp (and minidsp is a more powerful and flexible unit). Even so, you'll be doing the same number of A/D/A conversions using either method.
post #2352 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post

^04rex,

Hardware wise you can get either the unbalanced/balanced version of the 2x4 MiniDSP to control up to 4 subs. The unbalanced unit has limited voltage on the input (2 Vrms) and output (0.9 Vrms) - these are mainly for typical consumer set-ups that have RCA connectors. The unbalanced version has the same maximum input voltage of 2 Vrms, but the maximum output is increased to 2 Vrms.

This part should read "the balanced version", not the unbalanced.
post #2353 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 188
I have question about MiniDSP and the gain setting. Say I have one of the output gains in MiniDSp set at -16 dB, does that mean I have 16 dB of headroom to boost?

In my 4 sub setup the amps are turned all the way up, and I trimmed them down with minidsp prior to running Audyssey. I think Audyssey set the sub level around -7 dB, then I disabled Audyssey, and increased the sub level to -2 dB.

post #2354 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post

^04rex,

Hardware wise you can get either the unbalanced/balanced version of the 2x4 MiniDSP to control up to 4 subs. The unbalanced unit has limited voltage on the input (2 Vrms) and output (0.9 Vrms) - these are mainly for typical consumer set-ups that have RCA connectors. The unbalanced version has the same maximum input voltage of 2 Vrms, but the maximum output is increased to 2 Vrms. The unbalanced version has Phoenix block connectors which requires wire stripping and termination. I've got the balanced version and not familiar with the unbalanced version. Others have given ideas on how to get the right cables that have XLR on side and bare on the other.

What you need to figure out is the maximum voltage that your AVR has at the sub RCA socket, ask Anthem or your Anthem dealer for this. If it's less than 2 Vrms, you're good to go. If more than 2 Vrms, you'll need to get an attenuator like this one from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006N41B0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24EU3OAH32MB9&coliid=I16D50A72SGODJ it'll reduce the AVR sub output signal by at least 1/3

Also check what the maximum voltage your sub amp (cerwin Vega CV-500) needs to drive it to full output. If your amp needs more than 2 Vrms that the balanced version can do, then you'll need something like this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S7T49K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=24EU3OAH32MB9&coliid=I2H2172OASIHI1

That completes the hardware selection.

For software plug-in, the 2 way advanced crossover plug in will enable you to control up to four subs. AVS member Neutro has written a great tutorial on how integrate multiple subs with the MiniDSP here in this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1488457/tutorial-dual-sub-integration-using-the-minidsp, post questions to Neutro there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Thanks guys, I was able to find out the info. For the Anthem Receiver, the maximum output is 7.2 Vrms. For the Cerwin Vega sub amp, it is 1.42V (+5.3dB).

So I would get the Balanced version then?
And the software would remain the same then. What if I wanted to add more subs down the road. I would just get new software?
I would also need the microphone from their site, correct?

And lastly, would I need the REW software?? Not sure if I need this or not.

Thanks.
post #2355 of 2439 Old 06-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

Thanks for pointing this out. Will edit the post and correct it.
Quote:

Thanks guys, I was able to find out the info. For the Anthem Receiver, the maximum output is 7.2 Vrms. For the Cerwin Vega sub amp, it is 1.42V (+5.3dB).

And the software would remain the same then. What if I wanted to add more subs down the road. I would just get new software?

Thanks.

The balanced version would be suitable for your case as you need to drive the Cerwin Vega sub amps. Since the sub output of the Anthem is 7.2V rms, get the right attenuator to reduce the maximum input voltage to below 2V rms into the MiniDSP. Else the input may clip and cause distortion to the signal.

If you add more subs down the road, simply get another unit. You can use the same plugin for both units.

Suggest getting the calibrated UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum Labs here: http://cross-spectrum.com/measurement/calibrated_umik.html, it comes with 90 deg file which is useful when carrying out measurements.

Get REW (it's FREE!) and carry out in-room measurements of the subs/speakers relative to your Main Listening Position. AVS member Jerry Austin has written a step-by-step guide in the following thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1449924/simplified-rew-setup-and-use-usb-mic-hdmi-connection-including-measurement-techniques-and-how-to-interpret-graphs. You can post questions in that thread.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #2356 of 2439 Old 06-11-2014, 02:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:

Thanks.

if you go unbalanced, and your amp needs more than .9v to operate, then you will need one of these.

Art Clean Box Pro

Also, you can just add a new mini DSP when you get more subs, or get a bigger unit from the beginning, such as this one:

Mini DSP 2x8

I use the unbalanced version with my X4000 and a couple inukes for my subs and no distortion or issues, and no need for a bump box for me as the inukes run at .7v input.

Reason I used the unbalanced? I am lazy and it is less connectors to have to add in between. check my sig for more info on my hookup.
post #2357 of 2439 Old 06-11-2014, 03:07 AM
Advanced Member

^ McStyvie,

The 2x8 board sure looks interesting for the DIY crowd. The user manual (page 6) says the balanced output is up to 8V rms which should be able to drive most pro amps. The input is still limited to 2V rms though.

Maybe someone can put it together and package it in a nice aluminium box with the XLR inputs/outputs, power supply, switches, nobs, etc. that would make it look nice sitting on the entertainment rack?

The plug-in is at the higher sampling frequency of 96kHz, but the number of PEQs have been reduced to 5...eek.gif I generally think the more the better. The latest version of REW has the ability to auto-config for the 5 band PEQ at 96kHz.

post #2358 of 2439 Old 06-11-2014, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

So if a MiniDsp has an input max setting of .9v and the AVR that you are connecting it to has an output voltage of say 7volts, does that mean that you would be clipping the input to the MiniDsp? I saw someone mention above that if this is the case, you would need a devise to attenuate the voltage downwards as it comes out of the AVR and into the MiniDsp. This is the first that I have heard of this, so can someone confirm that this is correct?
post #2359 of 2439 Old 06-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post

So if a MiniDsp has an input max setting of .9v and the AVR that you are connecting it to has an output voltage of say 7volts, does that mean that you would be clipping the input to the MiniDsp? I saw someone mention above that if this is the case, you would need a devise to attenuate the voltage downwards as it comes out of the AVR and into the MiniDsp. This is the first that I have heard of this, so can someone confirm that this is correct?

I have not had any clipping or distortion issues with the unbalanced one and a Denon X4000 (puts out at least 7v+ from the LFE). I had not heard this before the above post either, but it seems to be a non-issue for me at least.
post #2360 of 2439 Old 06-11-2014, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStyvie View Post

I have not had any clipping or distortion issues with the unbalanced one and a Denon X4000 (puts out at least 7v+ from the LFE). I had not heard this before the above post either, but it seems to be a non-issue for me at least.

So how is that unbalanced MiniDsp working out for you? Do you have any noise, or hums? Doesn't the unbalanced version come with Phoenix connections that require you to strip the wires and all that stuff? Last but, not least, does your Denon X4000 put out enough voltage to drive the unbalanced MiniDsp 2 by 4 with out any issues? What amp are you using for your subs and how does that amp work with the lower output voltage of the MiniDsp versus the amps input voltage?
post #2361 of 2439 Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post
Quote:Originally Posted by McStyvie 

So how is that unbalanced MiniDsp working out for you? Do you have any noise, or hums? Doesn't the unbalanced version come with Phoenix connections that require you to strip the wires and all that stuff? Last but, not least, does your Denon X4000 put out enough voltage to drive the unbalanced MiniDsp 2 by 4 with out any issues? What amp are you using for your subs and how does that amp work with the lower output voltage of the MiniDsp versus the amps input voltage?
Hi,
I have the unbalanced version, the one with RCA jacks, not phoenix.
It is great. Check my sig for amps I use etc. No noise or hums, and the x4000 puts out enough volts for any amp or dsp unit. I think someone measured 7+volts on another thread.
post #2362 of 2439 Old 06-12-2014, 11:10 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Did someone find a good source for those Phoenix XLR plugs? Or do most just tinker and plug a wire into the Phoenix "recepter"?
post #2363 of 2439 Old 06-13-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I just cut up a couple XLR cables and put the supplied phoenix connectors on.
post #2364 of 2439 Old 06-13-2014, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
I bought the bare xlr s from PE, and made my own.

FS- Netgear 550 .ISO player - PM me
My Gear-Pioneer, JBL Pro Cinema, Fi Car Audio 4- SP4 18", Peavey IPR2 7500 x 4 -Mini-Dsp 4x10, GIK Acoustics, Seymour Screens 110" AT, Dune Smarts, uNraid Server
Theater Build and Two Sono Sub Builds Here-
post #2365 of 2439 Old 06-15-2014, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
There's a nanodigi 2x8 on the bay. I've been interested in the minidsp stuff for awhile so I'm thinking about it especially since it has 8 out which allows for future flexibility/insanity. My setup is Denon 4311, 4 sealed subs, 3 in front run by a SMS-1, one in back run by an Anti-mode. I have an Omnimic for measuring purposes. My questions are-

1 Is the reason the nano so much less than the mini 2X8 b/c it doesn't have DAC's?, or is there another reason that I'm missing?

2 I like the Sub EQ with my 4311 and mostly want the dsp to lift the bottom end. Since one of the inputs on the nano is a toslink, can I just use a toslink to digital coax converter for my 2nd sub out? Ideally I'd like one sub out to EQ the front subs and one to do the back one(s).

Thanks for any and all help!
post #2366 of 2439 Old 06-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Mini-dsp for Mac guy?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take the next step to eq my subs. Currently, I'm using Fuzzmeasure to determine the best placement for each sub and then one band of PEQ on my Dayton SPA-500 amps and then Audyssey Multi-EQ XT. My graphs are looking decent but I'd like to have the ability to just EQ below 500hz. I'm not liking what Audyssey applies over 500hz.

I'm a MAC guy and I don't own a PC. As a result, I've never used REW.

Without REW and a PC, is a Mini-DSP still an option for me?

Thanks!
Dan

Little Loft Home Theater
post #2367 of 2439 Old 06-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post
Hello everyone,

I'd like to take the next step to eq my subs. Currently, I'm using Fuzzmeasure to determine the best placement for each sub and then one band of PEQ on my Dayton SPA-500 amps and then Audyssey Multi-EQ XT. My graphs are looking decent but I'd like to have the ability to just EQ below 500hz. I'm not liking what Audyssey applies over 500hz.

Thanks!
Dan
Dan,

I'm not that familiar with Fuzzmeasure, but there is a write-up on how to get REW going with the Mac at the Simplified REW Setup and measurement thread over here (post#4574):Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs by AVS member J_P_A.

Once you've got REW working on the Mac, the trick would be export the frequency sweep from Fuzzmeasure and have REW read the files. There have been some success with Dayton Omnimic data exchange, but as far as I recall, nothing has been mentioned about Fuzzmeasure and REW.

REW has a module call Room EQ that takes the raw frequency response and comes up with the filters; frequency, Q value, and trim/boost. Not sure if Fuzzmeasure can do this.

You can see the before and after affects of applying the filters to the frequency response as well as the decay. Generally I implement cuts only as boosts (lifts) tend to make the decay worse for some reason. Also I work with the bass and not mess with anything above 300Hz.

I've attached a file that shows a snapshot of the room eq module and what it does. Wish I knew how to insert pictures, there are some bugs with the current platform on AVS.

There is a save feature ( .txt file) with all the bi-quads constants that can be imported into MiniDSP.

Edit: for some strange reason, AVS isn't allowing attachments so I can't show you what the room eq module looks like.

Last edited by steveting99; 06-15-2014 at 06:10 PM. Reason: The attached file didn't upload.
post #2368 of 2439 Old 06-16-2014, 04:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Can anyone tell me if a NanaDSP unit would work well between a cheap Sony BluRay player and the UMC-200, or an older Yamaha RX-V663?

Does the NanaDSP come with a setup mic? Is this unit similar to the typical room correction from a Denon or Onkyo receiver? I know that MKtheater seriously liked his! Can these be used to EQ the 15hz to 400hz range better than a stand alone balanced MiniDsp 2 by 4? What about the frequencies a above that?
post #2369 of 2439 Old 06-16-2014, 06:59 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007 View Post
Can anyone tell me if a NanaDSP unit would work well between a cheap Sony BluRay player and the UMC-200, or an older Yamaha RX-V663?

Does the NanaDSP come with a setup mic? Is this unit similar to the typical room correction from a Denon or Onkyo receiver? I know that MKtheater seriously liked his! Can these be used to EQ the 15hz to 400hz range better than a stand alone balanced MiniDsp 2 by 4? What about the frequencies a above that?
By NanoDSP, do you mean NanoAVR or NanoDigi? Or did you mean the Dirac series?

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #2370 of 2439 Old 06-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
Dan
Dan,

I'm not that familiar with Fuzzmeasure, but there is a write-up on how to get REW going with the Mac at the Simplified REW Setup and measurement thread over here (post#4574):Simplified REW Setup and Use (USB Mic & HDMI Connection) Including Measurement Techniques and How To Interpret Graphs by AVS member J_P_A.

Once you've got REW working on the Mac, the trick would be export the frequency sweep from Fuzzmeasure and have REW read the files. There have been some success with Dayton Omnimic data exchange, but as far as I recall, nothing has been mentioned about Fuzzmeasure and REW.

REW has a module call Room EQ that takes the raw frequency response and comes up with the filters; frequency, Q value, and trim/boost. Not sure if Fuzzmeasure can do this.

You can see the before and after affects of applying the filters to the frequency response as well as the decay. Generally I implement cuts only as boosts (lifts) tend to make the decay worse for some reason. Also I work with the bass and not mess with anything above 300Hz.

I've attached a file that shows a snapshot of the room eq module and what it does. Wish I knew how to insert pictures, there are some bugs with the current platform on AVS.

There is a save feature ( .txt file) with all the bi-quads constants that can be imported into MiniDSP.

Edit: for some strange reason, AVS isn't allowing attachments so I can't show you what the room eq module looks like.
Thanks for the detailed response Steve. I appreciate it. I don't think there is anyway to export the FR from Fuzzmeasure into REW but I'll look into it. Can I just use my microphone to record right into REW?

The first step for me will be to read the link you included about running REW with the MAC. And I totally agree with you about not EQ-ing above 300hz. This is where I can see Audyseey doing more harm than good on my graphs.

Thanks!
Dan

Little Loft Home Theater
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page