1Likes

post #2371 of 2372 Old 06-16-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dftkell View Post
Can I just use my microphone to record right into REW?

Dan
If your microphone is directly connected to Mac and it's recognized by the OS, then it should be seen available on REW. I'm not that familar with the Mac and you may have to play around with the settings to enable this.

It's recommended to carry out a SPL check using a handheld radio shack meter (or equivalent) as outlined in the REW guide written by AVS member Jerry Austin. You can download it via the thread, have a read of it as it contains treasure load of information.

Jerry also did a comparison of various microphones and found that for low frequency sweeps (15Hz to 300Hz) there isn't much of a difference. See post # 4926 for the graphs.
dftkell likes this.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2372 Old 06-25-2014, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Ended up with a 2x8 board from ebay. Built a small box for it and got everything hooked up today. One question.. the power supply the seller sent works but the cord is short... anyone know a decent place to get them with about a 6 foot cord? Anyway my first Omnimic run with it... 4 subs and Denon 4311 doing the XT32 thing. This was a -3 on the receiver which is about as loud as I'll go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-25 after mdsp -3.jpg (44.9 KB, 14 views)
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page