AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf View Post

That is a great value.

Yeah. I found them after I bought my projector and needed a 35' HDMI and Component cable to reach it. I spent $180 on it from where I bought the projector, then saw it online for $75 from Monoprice. Oops!

dbl

Let's all go to the lobby
....Let's all go to the lobby
........Let's all go to the lobby
............To get ourselves a treat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I did not realize a sub cable would do it. I guess it us the same, pre-amp
Out to an amp. Du.

T6

Clearwave 4TSE and 4CC build thread
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...1#post19489740
post #93 of 100 Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by t6902wf View Post

I am a classic mental case. I wanted 3 mono cables. The components will be hidden in a cabinet never seen but the thought of two stereo cables with one dangleing makes me mental.

From the picture I think each one is "mono," meaning they aren't stuck together or anything like that to form a pair. From what I can tell, the only thing that is different from the Left versus the Right cable is the color coding on the RCA connector. I like the noise rejection in this cable's design, and if you are going with longer lengths that is something to consider over the ultra cheap cables.
post #94 of 100 Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed K. View Post

From the picture I think each one is "mono," meaning they aren't stuck together or anything like that to form a pair. From what I can tell, the only thing that is different from the Left versus the Right cable is the color coding on the RCA connector. I like the noise rejection in this cable's design, and if you are going with longer lengths that is something to consider over the ultra cheap cables.

Thanks I'll go that way I was not looking for ultra cheap just not the designer type stuff.

T6

post #95 of 100 Old 01-03-2011, 06:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have had my Clearwave 4T and 4CC for over a month now. I am driving them with a Denon 4310CI and a Emotiva XPA-3 amp .

I am not going to go into great detail about what I listened to but I will make some general observations. Over the last month I listened to Rock, Jazz, Classical, Pop, TV and lots of movies from chick flicks to hardcore LFE movies. The Clearwave’s sounded excellent in all cases. What these speakers do with the highs is very special, especially women’s vocals. The imaging is very good even in my narrow room. Dialog in moves was excellent, very clear and intelligible. Having a true full range center speaker certainly adds to movies. As we all know a major percent of the soundtrack is played through the center speaker.

An interesting experiment I did was to set the sub to “no” on the Denon while the speakers were set to large. The effect is to send the LFE signal to the front three speakers. I was shocked at the low frequencies the mains were able to put out. While listening to Flight of the Phoenix, the sandstorm / crash scene I hit 109 db peaks in my seat. It was surprisingly tactile. The first time I did it I had to double check if I turned the sub off. With the sub on at my current setting the peaks are around the same. I also noticed music in movies and even TV shows jumped out at me.

Before I built these speakers I considered my system a 95% home theater, 5% music system. I am sure I will be listening to more music with this system because it sounds so good. I am very happy with my decision to buy and build these speakers. In my opinion it is an incredible value, I am sure you would have to spend several times what the kit cost to get sound anywhere near as good as these speakers.

T6

post #96 of 100 Old 01-07-2011, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the great review, Bill. It's been a pleasure working with you on your project. As I mentioned before, I never met someone who built the 4T and 4CCs so quickly and beautifully. You did a great job, and most importantly you are enjoying these speakers in your system. I'd have to agree with your assessment of the female vocals and top end of the Dynamic Series. The Scan Speak HDS tweeter is a gem and will be used in not only my kits like the Dynamic Series and some of the Minuet Series, but also some of my upcoming finished speaker systems. I think it's that good. Cheers! www.clearwaveloudspeaker.com

Jed
post #97 of 100 Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 PM

Liked: 10
Hey, I've really been looking into this speaker set and I had a couple questions I was hoping you could answer. You've gone into some detail about how they sound but I was wondering what kind or brand of speakers do you think they would compare to? Are they a forward or laid back type of speaker? Do you have matching rear speakers?
post #98 of 100 Old 02-01-2011, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencorn View Post

Hey, I've really been looking into this speaker set and I had a couple questions I was hoping you could answer. You've gone into some detail about how they sound but I was wondering what kind or brand of speakers do you think they would compare to? Are they a forward or laid back type of speaker? Do you have matching rear speakers?

I don't have an educated answer as to what they sound like. I would not call them forward or laid back. They sound right.

I think they sound very accurate, if the recording is bad it shows. If the recording is good they sparkle. In a movie they disappear.

My rears are Dinfinitive in ceilings.
http://www.definitivetech.com/Produc...UIW%20RCS%20II

They blend well together.

T6

post #99 of 100 Old 11-16-2011, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Your craftsmanship skills are amazing. I wish I lived close to you because I would love to see your shop. There is no reason for you to ever buy anything made from wood!
post #100 of 100 Old 11-16-2011, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Thanks, when you have the right equipment it is not that amazing. It is what we do.

T6

Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page