I have begun a build of three fronts for my dedicated home theater. It is 98% movies system.
I have a Danley DTS-10 Sub and Definitive UIW RSS II rear and surround speakers. The UIW RSS II are unique, I highly recommend them if you are going to do in ceiling surrounds.http://www.definitivetech.com/produc...UIW%20RSS%20II
I chose the Clearwave Dynamic 4TSE and 4CCSE.
Working with Jed has been good he is very responsive and patient.
I chose these because of Jed's reputation and it is a good form factor for my room.
Here is the room
Clearwaves business model is very interesting. Jed will sell you the plans and parts at parts express list price with an assembled crossover. He makes money on his discount from parts express. I think that is a great deal.
I own a professional cabinet shop so I have advantages over most of the DIY crowd. I give you guys a lot of credit for doing the great work you do with the tools you have. I am going to share some photos and videos of the equipment I have because I think you guys would find it interesting.
I cut the MDF on a Altendorf Sliding table saw. It is accurate to .015" over 8 feet. The blade tilt, and rise is CNC controlled. The rip fence is also digitally controlled. You can return to the same setting very accurately.http://www.altendorf.de/en/products/...-elmo-iii.html
The carriage of the saw holds the piece and slides like a drawer. Very easy to cut full sheets.
Here is a phone video of pushing a sheet through with one hand. We have a pressure beam which holds the wood.
Video of saw.http://bill-stan.smugmug.com/Other/F...167_gNUrR-A-LB
I then used a router to cut the internal braces. This machine is easy because it cuts simple x y coordinates and can be programed standing at the machine quickly.
This speeds things up a lot.
Video of routerhttp://bill-stan.smugmug.com/Other/F...361_4SshK-A-LB
I also used an automated cut off saw. This cuts repeatably to a few decimal places, very easy to be accurate with this.
Cutoff saw fencehttp://bill-stan.smugmug.com/Other/F...006_TZDst-A-LB
Finally dry fit the box.
Here is one of the towers in clamps. I used pocket holes to hold the center of the braces where you can't easily get a clamp. I also used a few pin nails to hold positioning. Overall not to difficult to assemble but certainly not easy. I made the sides 1/6" oversize so I can flush trim after.
I was able to cut all the parts, rout them and do the layout in 3 hours. I don't work in the shop anymore so I am not particularly fast. My guys could do it faster.
Most builds I have seen use heat lock glue on the veneer. I am going to use a vacuum press. More reliable for sure.
I'll try some video of that when the time comes.