159Likes

post #10861 of 10868 Old Today, 04:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Erich

I gotta believe it is a little like Field of Dreams - If you build it, they will come.

If you make parts available for DIY prior to a roll-out of a completed 3-way SEOS speaker design I would be in. I love my Cheap Thrills, the louder they play, the better they sound. Based on everyone's comments here, must be a trait of the SEOS with a good compression driver.

A 3-way design with quality components would rock. Literally. Speaking for myself, $600-$1000 for a kit not at all out of range, and certainly not over priced.

Willie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10862 of 10868 Old Today, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post
Unfortunately Erich is insane and makes no profit on the kits. Ryan gets no cut for the design. I would gladly pay much more, but I'll have to settle and do as erich wishes, donate to a charity with my savings! (Breast cancer, mom just got diagnosed). We need more great people in this world like them.

If this was a kit for a company making it a business, I would guess the kits would have been $700+.

Can't thank Erich, Ryan, and the others involved in the SEOS project enough. I stole these speakers flat out.

I've been debating if something should be set up specifically to fund future projects, or dividing out to designers, or whatever. We'd all love to do more, but things are coming close to being maxed out for me the way they currently are. You should see the number of test woofers/CDs from Eminence, Celestion, Dayton, B&C, FaitalPro, etc are just sitting around after being tested or used for the first design. Shelves full. At some point we have to stop and figure out what the heck we're going to do with all of this before moving forward. Pallets full of flat packs, custom shipping boxes, etc, etc, etc.

Basically, I enjoy what I'm doing a lot, but there's a point coming where the warehouse space alone is completely maxed out, along with the DIY funds to do more as it gets spread out over more projects. Either cut back and not do much extra, or figure out how to expand by enough to make it worth while. The small 'warehouse' next to my landscape business is literally bursting at the seams with not much more usable space.

There should a 'build a storage building' jump starter program out there somewhere!
Mfusick and J_P_A like this.
post #10863 of 10868 Old Today, 04:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
I'm 57. Just got back from Millville amateur day. Raced the 45+, 50+ and 55+ classes.

Man I wanted to hit the Southwick National one day, maybe they will put it back on the schedule at some point. I assume that was your home track. I respect you guys that can go fast in that deep sand.

I am going to say that at some point you will be back to riding motocross...once it's in your blood...
The "wick" just opened back up so perhaps. It's to late to add the dates or track to existing organizations this year so they are just doing open track days, which is better than racing IMO. Cheaper, and more riding time.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #10864 of 10868 Old Today, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
The "wick" just opened back up so perhaps. It's to late to add the dates or track to existing organizations this year so they are just doing open track days, which is better than racing IMO. Cheaper, and more riding time.

True about the open practice. But you risk becoming what we call in Georgia a "Professional Practicer". I almost am one now. .
post #10865 of 10868 Old Today, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
I've been debating if something should be set up specifically to fund future projects, or dividing out to designers, or whatever. We'd all love to do more, but things are coming close to being maxed out for me the way they currently are. You should see the number of test woofers/CDs from Eminence, Celestion, Dayton, B&C, FaitalPro, etc are just sitting around after being tested or used for the first design. Shelves full. At some point we have to stop and figure out what the heck we're going to do with all of this before moving forward. Pallets full of flat packs, custom shipping boxes, etc, etc, etc.

Basically, I enjoy what I'm doing a lot, but there's a point coming where the warehouse space alone is completely maxed out, along with the DIY funds to do more as it gets spread out over more projects. Either cut back and not do much extra, or figure out how to expand by enough to make it worth while. The small 'warehouse' next to my landscape business is literally bursting at the seams with not much more usable space.

There should a 'build a storage building' jump starter program out there somewhere!
Even a modest $10-$20 per speaker would help you in future endeavors. It's not like people could get the parts cheaper themselves at that price.

I don't want to see you get burnt out. That's what really matters.
J_P_A likes this.
post #10866 of 10868 Old Today, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post
……...I don't want to see you get burnt out. That's what really matters.
^^^^^ What he said!

BTW, I can't help but feel a little giddy with all the updates to the DIYSoudgroup site. I'm still hitting refresh waiting for that Fusion-15
Mfusick likes this.

Dude, are you made of leprechauns? Cause that was awesome!

The Plains Theater Has Begun
post #10867 of 10868 Old Today, 05:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erich H View Post
You should see the number of test woofers/CDs from Eminence, Celestion, Dayton, B&C, FaitalPro, etc are just sitting around after being tested or used for the first design. Shelves full. At some point we have to stop and figure out what the heck we're going to do with all of this before moving forward.
Sounds like step one should be a garage sale. I could be down for the right pair of Faitals or Celestions. Start a clearance section at DIY Sound Group and start listing a few at a time. Or put them on the 'bay.

I hope you bought those test drivers in pairs, selling off singles will be a bit tougher!

Bill
post #10868 of 10868 Old Today, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Erich just do a Kickstart project for the storage facility and tell us the link somewhere. Even with my very very small budget I would gladly chip in.
Mfusick likes this.

Last edited by chrapladm; Today at 06:38 PM.
Reply DIY Speakers and Subs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page